+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Centrelink debt?

Okay so looking at my hubby & I annual Wage for 2011/2012 financial year, we are 3k each over what we told centrelink, so total 6k, will end up with a debt? or will they take tax? i have two kids that attend daycare and we get ccb & ccr & FTB A & B? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You'll have to compare the two figures in the calculators. They do take the taxable figure though, so it will be the amount on your group certificates less deductions (eg. work expenses, donations to charities).

I have previously compared figures for family tax benefit, and sometimes I found that $5k or $10k didn't make a lot of difference, but it will depend on the individual figures. I did find it always changed the percentages for CCB though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It might. If it does they will take it out of your bonus money and if it more than that you can arrange for it to paid back in instalments.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Ma23  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked out I'll prob have a debt of $2k so they will take my supps, and prob only owe about 400! Trying not to stress I've never been in this situation before !! : (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi joalisha, I work at the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink on social media sites like this one.

If you do have an overpayment, once it's been calculated, you'll receive a letter telling you the amount you were overpaid and outlining your repayment options, which may include fortnightly deductions from your Centrelink payments. There's lots more info about how the department deals with overpayments here; http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/owing-money

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mariansm View Post
    Hi joalisha, I work at the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink on social media sites like this one.

If you do have an overpayment, once it's been calculated, you'll receive a letter telling you the amount you were overpaid and outlining your repayment options, which may include fortnightly deductions from your Centrelink payments. There's lots more info about how the department deals with overpayments here; http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/owing-money

Hope that helps.
    Thanx for the info !!