+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Ohhhh, savoury muffins might be a winner too. Might be a good baking activity we can do together as well!
    also puff pastry scrolls - tomato paste and cheese, or vegemite and cheese - delicious. Fun and easy to make for 2 yo. My charge loves them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    also puff pastry scrolls - tomato paste and cheese, or vegemite and cheese - delicious. Fun and easy to make for 2 yo. My charge loves them!
    Will try this too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually give my DS a banana before bed, sometimes rice crackers, but if his dinner was too close to bed time (sometimes we serve dinner later) then I wouldnt offer any other snack. Sometimes if they are too full they can be restless too
    Just another thought, have you tired a different bed time? Do you think maybe your little one is sleeping too early or too much day sleep thats causing the night wakings? My DS was waking once or twice at night too, I thought he might be hungry too, but giving him evening snack didnt make any difference, and when he wakes up he doesnt seem to be hungry. So I cut down the day sleep by a bit and then moved his bedtime just 5~10 min later, and it worked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Yummmy this is making me hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tubster View Post
    I usually give my DS a banana before bed, sometimes rice crackers, but if his dinner was too close to bed time (sometimes we serve dinner later) then I wouldnt offer any other snack. Sometimes if they are too full they can be restless too
    Just another thought, have you tired a different bed time? Do you think maybe your little one is sleeping too early or too much day sleep thats causing the night wakings? My DS was waking once or twice at night too, I thought he might be hungry too, but giving him evening snack didnt make any difference, and when he wakes up he doesnt seem to be hungry. So I cut down the day sleep by a bit and then moved his bedtime just 5~10 min later, and it worked!
    Thanks for the suggestions. She has just dropped her day sleep (except at daycare 2 days a week) so I don't think that is affecting night wakings. She used to go to bed about 7.45-8pm if having a day sleep, but we have brought this forward to about 6.30-6.45pm as she is exhausted at the end of the day. She has also been sick alot so I think that affects things. I might cut down to just a little snack after dinner if she asks for it (am planning on trying the savoury muffins first) to see if it makes a difference!