+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how do you use ur pram?

im just curious if you use the straps and buckle them into it , especially coming into winter when you'd be wrapping them in a bazillion jumpers and blankets to keep them warm..... i've not used a pram before ( my little boy is still yet to meet the world-only two weeks to go ) and am just curious, as i started to practice putting it up and down so im a pro by the time he gets here lol
    is it a big no-no to use it without the straps, please dont hate me for my ignorance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The straps are there for a reason. What if someone knocks over the pram or it gets hit by a car? The straps will keep them from flying out. The Bassinette part of my pram fell out once when I hit a bump on the path, it tumbled out and landed face down on the concrete. If bub wasn't strapped in she would have smacked straight into the concrete, the straps held her back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just have to say, weird question.

The straps adjust to accommodate for layers. A blanket can go over the top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I ALWAYS use the straps, apart from the fact that bub can fall/slide out, I was always freaked out that someone can reach in and take bub without me realizing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I strapped my DD in at all times, my pram had a foot muff so this with a blanket over her protected her from the cold weather and kept her warm. You could also drape a blanket over the pram to keep in extra warmth and protect them further from the cooler weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree with PP.

It's dangerous to not use the straps. Would you not use a seatbelt?

They will adjust for layers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I always use the straps and, even though I hate admitting it, the stroller has nearly tipped over once. They don't have to be incredibly tight and are adjustable so there's no problems with layers and jumpers. I put DS in dressed for the cold, then I put a blanket over him, then his foot muff, then I put the plastic rain cover over the pram to keep the wind out (it's freezing where we live). Very easy to keep them warm.

Please make sure you always use the straps, babies are very wriggly even when brand new and you don't want bub to fall out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always strapped in and put blankets over the top.

You can get pram footmuffs like this http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    that have the slots for the pram straps so bubs is warm in a cocoon and still strapped in safely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I always used the straps when DD was little - not worth the risk of pram tipping over, etc. Now she's older (just over 2) I strap her in if we are walking the dog on the street, but she is often unstrapped if we are walking at the park or in shopping centres as she likes to get in and out and I get sick of doing up straps all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can also get special cocoons (like sleeping bags) that the straps will slip through, so you can strap baby in, but still have them completely covered. Don't feel silly, all first time mums struggle to figure out how their new life will work!