+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wisdom teeth out while pregnant...

Has anyone had it done?

What was the cost?

I'm in agony and almost 12 weeks pregnant.
    My tooth has broken and now has a hole in it my whole jaw aches.

Or does anyone know of a natural remedy for the pain?

TIA

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing! I recently had my first ever filling in a wisdom tooth and the only thing that helped me for the pain prior to that was Panadeine...but I wasn't preg and I don't know of any natural pain relievers (well except one that's um...illegal). Have you tried Googling, or talking to your dentist or pharmacist? I'm sorry I'm not much help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having an extraction this Friday at 33 weeks they can't do an X-ray and will only give me panadol they said they can't wait as its broken and the infection would cause more harm

wisdom teeth can cost a fortune 1200 was the last I heard and to get all 4 out would be so painful.

can u just get that one problem tooth out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not too sure about pain relief while getting teeth out but I was taking panadeine (and occasionally panadeine forte) under my doctors supervision during my last pregnancy so imagine you'd be able to take something after the removal..

I'd ask your ob/gp but am pretty sure there would be something you could safely have during the surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I'd definitely talk in depth about everything. My mum had to have dental work done when she was pregnant and she ended up losing the baby because of the drugs they gave her.
    I don't mean to scare you, I can't imagine the pain you're in just discuss it with them so they are fully aware and can come up with the best plan for you.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    They wouldnt take mine out until after bubs was born even though I was in agony. Dentist ended up filling it and cleaning it all out which helped immensely. Wisdom tooth pain is horrendous. I feel for you!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 13 weeks Lumpy Melon. I was supposed to have 2 out when I tested and found out I was pregnant! Have you seen a surgeon yet and had an opg done? They may be willing to take it out under local instead of general depending on the tooth.
    I've decided to wait for now as my worst one isn't giving me too much trouble if I'm careful with what I eat.
    Oh was going up cost around $2350 for 2 teeth out under general (inc anaesthetist) in a private hospital (day procedure). That's without phi obviously.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to wait until after i had bub. 1 wisdom tooth, local anasthetic and $240

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one of my top wisdom teeth removed when I was 20 weeks (currently 29 weeks) no issues. It was done under a local, took all of about 15 minutes from getting in the chair to leaving. Didn’t use any pain relief as I had no significant pain afterward but was told panadol was safe. Apparently having a top wisdom tooth removed is less painful (but I can’t compare).

I have PHI and was out of pocket about $140. I think without it was about $230.

I had lost a filling (big hole) but wasn’t in pain before I got the tooth removed. I wanted it done as I was heading OS and was worried about dealing with the language barrier if it did get worse.

Definitely talk to your care provider/s to put your mind at ease. With all things it’s about weighing up risk/benefit. Having mum in pain and at risk of infection isn’t great for either you or bub.

Hope you feel better soon