+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default yer, another leaking nappy whinge

I need help! please!
    I am a mcn lover and have been putting my dd in them and the traditional cloth since birth. Probably the last 2 months they are ALL leaking. No matter what size, brand, how many boosters, strip washed ive tried it all and have sadly given up on them at night. They are OK for just a couple hours during the day but thats their limit.

I need help with disposables! So far we have been thru the following with no success, they all leak at night:
    Huggies girl AND BOYS
    Aldi
    Woolworths select
    Babylove
    (We have put an aldi on and a larger sized woolworths select one over the top and this is all thats working atm) Yes, that means we have to buy 2 different nappy brands at a time. WHAT. A . JOKE.

DD is 16 mths, does drink a decent amount of fluids during the day but by no means am i cutting down on her fluids because stupid disposable nappies arent upto scratch these days. She does 13-14 hrs straight overnight. Even when she wakes up saturated in her wee, she doesnt wake at night. She also sleeps on her stomach which, i realise is the base of our problem! but what can i do about that??!

I am sick of the daily morning baths, the daily sheet and outfit changing not to mention the piles of washing because of constant nappy leaks overnight. I AM SICK OF WASTING MONEY ON **** NAPPIES.

Anyone tried nappy pants? like pull ups? dd is small maybe 10kgs and i dont know if they come in a small size for her. Why would they be any different?

Please help. No one can. No one seems to have my problem!!!!! WTF?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Change her before you go to bed. If she's sleeping through being saturated then she might sleep through being changed.

I have to change my DS2 (tummy sleeper) in the middle of the night too as that's the only way to keep him dry regardless of what brand nappy I use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was having leaking nappies everynight with my DS and last week i bought the new dry wave baby love before i was using the normal baby love and since then i havent had a leaking nappy

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try putting her on the toilet at night? Long shot but she might wee more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do you run your finger around the leg part after you have put them on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both baby love and buggies make nappy pants in crawler and toddler size. I use them all the time! My DD is impossible to change lying down so I changed over. I tried cloth nappies and all the different liners etc but have come to the conclusion that they are just way more work as they leak and so I have to wash nappies, clothes, bedding etc. I have always found Huggies to hold the most before needing to be changed. Also if you use a nappy that is too small it will leak. Huggies nappy pants toddler size are 10-15kg and cost around $20 for 31 nappies (so are not that cheap). If she has such a volume of urine then you may just need to change her more (like once or twice during the night)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same issue, ended up putting plastic pants/nappy covers over the top at night. Worked well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and thanks for your replies and ideas.
    I'm affraid waking her up to change her in the middle of the night or any time while she is sound asleep is not something i am ever going to do.
    Yes tired the air wave with no luck. I think it's just another consumer gimick.
    We have tired both a smaller nappy and a larger size - both leak so we combined the two sizes and they seem to work. It's just rediculously expensive to keep doing.
    No luck with the nappy covers either. Used both beehinds brand and cheap plastic ones from kmart. They just dont seem to "seal" properly over the nappy.

I guess im now going down the path of pull up's or whatever they are called. This is so frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried putting lanolised wool nappy pants or longies over the top?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only solution I see (other than using 2 nappies at a time) is changing her throughout the night. I know you don't want to risk waking her but 13-14 hours is a long time to expect a nappy to hold particularly if she is sarurated when she wakes up. Maybe that's why no brands are working?