+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 'For the Bible tells me so' ~ Homosexuality.

I watched this last night, with tears ********* down my face.

I highly recommend watching it - anyone, watching it - those with a particular faith or none... but, especially those who use the Bible as a reference to support their negative opinion on homosexuality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqH9XdRsT8

All of the families featured in the documentary are religious and remain religious.
    (just had to clear that up before anyone jumped on me for posting a video link in this section )

It runs for an hour and a half - and imo please do not have children around..some of the hate speech is confronting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subbing - will watch tonight

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    In all honesty, I don't think you would get the right audience here. There is a very small % of BH members against it, and an even smaller % who were religious. It's good to promote, I just don't think you will get those few people watching it. I'm not going to, have heard it all before and find gay-bashing distressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subbing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    In all honesty, I don't think you would get the right audience here. There is a very small % of BH members against it, and an even smaller % who were religious. It's good to promote, I just don't think you will get those few people watching it. I'm not going to, have heard it all before and find gay-bashing distressing.
    No harm in trying.

It does have a 'relatively' happy ending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like I said, it is good to promote, but the few it is aimed at are the least likely to look at the thread, much less the link. Glad it ends somewhat happily, I just fin any sort of hatred on certaingroups distressing.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i wont be watching it, but both my mums are religious, just choose to worship in their own way