+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dating scan

Do you have dating scan at gp or do they refer you on to somewhere else? I am 6 weeks today

Thanks
    Reviews
    They refer you somewhere else. Also, they may not suggest one, I asked for one because I knew our hospital wouldn't scan me until 12-16 weeks, and the earlier the scan, the more accurate the dates. (At least, that's my understanding.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok thanks. Id better get on to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually your GP will give you the referral that you can take to one of your local radiology places

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would LOVE a dating scan just so I can feel reassured that there is indeed a foetus growing in there, but my GP said they only do that if there's a history of problems or if dates are uncertain. In my case, I can pinpoint everything precisely, so no scan... :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I would LOVE a dating scan just so I can feel reassured that there is indeed a foetus growing in there, but my GP said they only do that if there's a history of problems or if dates are uncertain. In my case, I can pinpoint everything precisely, so no scan... :-(
    My gp said the same thing to me. I just rang reception that afternoon and said to them that after my appointment That morning and discussions with gp i have decided to have a dating scan for piece of mind. They mailed me one the next day. I think if you ask for one they can't refuse you, after all you are the one paying for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    My GP wasn't going to send me for one but I said that I wanted to make sure that everything was ok and bub was viable and she gave me a referral, I with PP ^^ that they should give you the referral apart from paying for it, it's your baby and your body!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you know you are 6 weeks, then a dating scan isn't really necessary.