+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any Geelong women starting Ivf?

Hi my name is Jamie and I'm 36 we have been ttc for 4 years now and going through I Ivf journey since feb 2011 but only just started 5 days ago. Would love to talk to anyone in the Geelong area I feel very alone and not having many people around to talk to.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry I don't often search these threads as I post in the Melbourne boards! I am from Geelong and have just had a failed ivf cycle and about to do a FET on Sunday! Are you cycling at monash Geelong??? Hope you have found some local support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JSFoot,
    I did not like Mc Monash Geelong, as I didnt feel like an individual, just a number. Having to synchronise with others just emphasized the group mentality and lacked the personal touch. I went to City Fertiity instead and was much happier with the personal care I recieved. My story is long and complicated, but I am now pregnant with twins, and we are moving back to Melbourne to be with the family. Good Luck on your journey

Thanks
    Reviews

Wilson jay, fantastic news on your twins! I get what you mean about the synchronizing cycles and yes not over personal at Geelong ! I think though for a small unit with so many clients it's hard to get that personal touch. the girls at the desk though I think are great and every time I call they are super helpful! Maybe I will have issues if I need Lots of cycles but after 1 I'm ok with service. I had heard the Melbourne clinics were good, I also looked at ballarat after great reviews!
    How far along are you? Is your twin pregnancy going well???

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did Ballarat too, and they were much nicer than geelong. I didnt like the fact that when I tried to call geelong, the answering machine was nearly always on..for a time poor worker, its those windows of opportunity that make the journey bearable. Also the country bumkins have such limited hours for appointments, its just expected that you'll come in work time...I work in melbourne, so not convenient! Twins are nearly 13 weeks and doing very well thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Jen I also had a failed first go and I'm due for my FET on Tuesday, I'm a bit nervous trying to do all the right things. I havn't had to much of a problem with monash I was seeing gab but I've starting seeing prue and like her much better I feel like its moving more efficiently than before. And I really like Gabrielle at the front desk she had been super helpful. I've been really lucky with both my Ivf try's I've got into Geelong clinic and havn't had to go to Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Wilson, sorry your experience wasn't fantasic but I'm glad you finally got what you wanted with twins that's fantastic news. I'm not sure how long your suppose to stick with one fertility clinic to then decide to go to another? It's so expensive and I don't want to waste my money!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow sjfoot, we will be on 2ww together after FET! I should have a time today to go in on Sunday for transfer, praying the embie thaws well! I too was with Gab for stimm cycle and now switched to Pru for fet and follow up.

Good luck for Tuesday, and the following 10 days!!!

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey je

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey Jen

How are you going with your tww? I think I'm going insane googling everything!!! I need to stop and just relax I just really want it to work this time.