+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep Dyson all the way, had it nearly 4 years and has never missed a beat. Love it !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just spent to last couple of weeks researching and have come down to either Miele or Sauber - sauber is wayyy more expensive though. Miele won Choice vaccum of the year last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a dyson, brilliant...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just bought a new vacuum on the weekend. I was keen on the Dyson DC23, but after lifting it, realised it's pretty heavy and although it rated quite well on choice....We ended up going with the Electrolux Ultra Active Cyclionic. It rated better on the choice website, and weighs only 10kg (half the Dyson). We also got it on sale at Harvey Norman for $484 (normally $698), plus a 5 year replacement warranty for an extra $80. Electrolux offer a pickup/drop off service that comes with the 5 year warranty, and they cover any problems at all with the machine. So far it has done an awesome job on our carpets. We have two dogs, and the amount of fur it picks up is great, and i couldn't believe how much dirt it picked up, i was a bit grossed out! The one head does hard floors, and converts to a motor head too, with the press of a button, so there's no changing of the heads (which used to annoy me with our old Wertheim).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm laybying a dyson tomorrow, $99 from Harris scarf down from $250 can't go wrong with them IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were just about to upgrade to a dyson but was wondering, does anyone have a roomba? I really want one but trying to convince my partner that its worth the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go with an upright though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had researched and used a few Dysons and was jn love but price was holding me back. I took the risk and bought the "Dyson wanna be" from Kogan and am 100% satisfied. Just as an alternative opinion

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone!

Looks like the dyson is a definitive winner here.

Our current brand is Werthiem but it is a bagged vacuum cleaner. We bought it for 600.

We owned a roomba years ago. Unfortunately, we won't be thinking of that again esp with a golden retriever indoors. His fur gets trapped by the rollers and I always had a hard time undoing the long strands of fur. The trapped fur lowers the vacuuming efficiency. That roomba was quite stupid too, it would get stuck somewhere such as under the bed and I had to go rescue it. I know the latest model is smart enough to return to its charging station. Also the rechargeable battery died after a year or so, I can't remember now, and getting the new battery was like half the price of the roomba. We gave up on it totally. Nowadays it could be cheaper though. That's my personal story of the roomba if any of you wants one. It didn't work with a long-haired dog.

Many of you mentioned a dyson, are you referring to the upright or another model?

The smell factor is really important to me...my nose gets really itchy whenever DH vacuums the floor and he has to make me go to the back garden when he vacuums. And bubs coming in mid Oct.

Will definitely look into a dyson. Hopefully do some Upgrade in at Geoffrey's.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 04-07-2012 at 10:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Here's a bit more, the Dyson animal is chord less and only a couple of kg in weight so you just hold it whilst vacuuming. No annoying cables to plug in and no dragging hefty vacuum bodies around on the floor!
    LittleDove, so your Dyson animal uses rechargeable battery? How long have you been using this vacuum cleaner?