+ Reply to Thread
    strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do labour pains always start in your back/belly?

Hi

Just curious if anyone has had cramping/labour pains in body parts other than tummy/back?

I've heard its possible to have them start in your upper thighs?

where did your labour pains start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine started down very low in my belly, off to the left hand side. Almost just above my pelvic or hip bone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (03-07-2012),strawberry swing  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With dd1 I was at work and just had a pain in my tummy like a brax but had to breath through it it stopped me in my steps. I had 2 of these while at work. Wirking. An 8hr shift. 2hrs after work the pain stayed on my tummy dont remember pain in my back, just wanted an heat back on my lower part of my tummy. With ds woke up with a tummy pain and continued from there.pain in lower tummy then towards 3he's before he was born pain was worse and was just in my lower back, he was postier born that is why I had the pain in my back, that hurt! dd 2 woke in the middle of the night and felt constipated half hr before she was born thou I had killer pain10 mins before she feel out in my tummy and back.that's just my experience.all the best

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MyLittlePrincess For This Useful Post:

strawberry swing  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    jasper - back radiating towards the front.

katelyn - more like stomach/period cramps. back pain came later (omg the back pain. it nearly undid me)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

strawberry swing  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had braxton-hicks type contractions for about 24 hours before really going into labour. The only reason I knew they were proper contractions was because I was hooked up to the monitor, and the midwife was suprised that I couldn't feel them. Period-like cramps started just after my waters were broken, very low down. I didn't get any back pain but as labour progressed OMG the pain in my hips was bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First bub I was induced and felt pain from my hips at the start. As the contractions got more intense, the pain wrapped around my lower belly and stayed there. Second bub, waters broke, had normal Braxton hicks but as the morning went on the feeling was like period cramping and got progressively worse in that pelvic area. Like my hips were being pulled apart but the pain was right where bubs head was. Didnt spread to my back or anything. I just remember pacing the hpuse holding my lower stomach in agony.
    When my friend had her babies she said both pregnancies she felt back pain and nothing else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First bub was period pain location only, radiating downwards after established labour began. Second bub was BAM! Straight into very strong cervix pain and gradually that very localized area got larger and I felt it strongly through my uterus. I've never once felt any pain in back through my labours.

A friends had posterior babes and had strong upper thigh/groin pain through labour and the days before labour (pre labour contacting).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had pains along my lower belly.. Near my pubic bone. I went into labour at 34 weeks and I had no idea I was in labour.
    When I was finally induced at 38 weeks, again the pain was in the lower region.