+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What would you do in this situation??

Arrr!!
    DS1 who is almost 3 years old was on the couch and DS2 who is 4 months old was lying on the floor (I was on the floor next to him)
    DS1 threw his 20cm toy car at ds's head!! Ds2 screamed and now has a cut/lump on his head.
    Ds1 is ALMOST 3, so although he finds it hard to control his impulses, he knows throwing toys at others is not on.
    I flipped it! I feel so bad now.
    Looking back now I still don't think I could have been calm in that situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tbh if my ds did that i would flip out too,

I can be a cranky mum though an a tiny baby is a definate no go, its not like the baby could DO anything Ia) to deserve it ot b) to defend it.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I probably would been less crazy if DS1 was under 2.5yrs and ds2 was over 1yrs old.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh I've been there! Now even the baby is big enough to fight back..

But when they were little I would just say "NO!" Very loudly and pick up the baby... I would spend time comforting the baby, and then I would say to DS "You must be gentle! That hurt your brother. Look at his head. You have to say sorry and kiss it better."

And then I would take the car and say "We don't throw toys. The car is gone now."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a great approach OJ...I'm going to take note of that for future reference!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Oh I've been there! Now even the baby is big enough to fight back..

But when they were little I would just say "NO!" Very loudly and pick up the baby... I would spend time comforting the baby, and then I would say to DS "You must be gentle! That hurt your brother. Look at his head. You have to say sorry and kiss it better."

And then I would take the car and say "We don't throw toys. The car is gone now."
    Yep, this ^^

if toys get thrown in my house they get confiscated. Balls are for throwing - outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with ojs advice

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What's already been said, plus, things like that I end up making bedroom toys - they don't come into the living area.