+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Prinnyc,

This does not make me sad at all, a little jelous, but mostly very happy for you. It's been realy great having you to converse with, and would love if you could keep us updated on your progress. Congratulations!

My dh had his last bloods done today, so we will be getting all our results and suggestions on what to try next in a couple of weeks. Will keep you posted.

Congrats again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks matey. Let me know how you go and still here to converse with.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First round clomid

Hi guys,

I apologise in advance if I start to rant. But before I do I will give u a bit of info about me. I have been off the pill for 2 years, and not trying to get preg, but not trying not to either. This April after what I thought was severe PMS got a BFP, which shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was. I was stoked, super excited and my fiancé (now DH), couldn't wait to be a dad.

At 7weeks dating scan showed no hb and I was told I had a missed miscarriage . I still had morning sickness the day I had the d&c. It took a full 6 weeks for af to show. And after the grief ll I wanted to do was be pregnant again.

It has taken ages for my cycle to return to normal. I was planning a wedding at the same time, which my gp said could be why ovulation was delayed. Thru charting I found I had a short luteal phase.

By charting and using opk it turned out that I ovulated on our honeymoon. We had a red hot crack at baby dancing and on our second last day AF arrived. I turned into a sobbing mess. I had gotten my hopes so high that we would have a honeymoon baby.
    Luckily, we already had appt with FS booked for when we returned from our honeymoon. I had fantasised about rocking up to the appt and dr saying, "your already preg - you don't need my help".

At the appt, the internal ultrasound showed poly cystic ovaries, I have some acne, but Dr ordered bloods to check for PCOS. That came back all ok. Also had HSG scan done, which was expensive and uncomfortable but came back ok. I am on my first round of clomid 50mg.

Did anyone else experience side effects. I was an emotional wreck. I felt really depressed, and really suddenly down. All ok once the day 9 came and I finished that round.
    CD 11 had 2 follicles one big one 18mm one smaller 13mm. Told to get busy in the bedroom fom that night on and for the rest of the week.

I delayed DTD til day 13 as opk and saliva test weren't positive yet. Have also been charting and my temps are very erratic, and can't detect for sure ov spike, even though I had ov pain (for the first time ever), on day 15.

I think that we have done all the right things at all the right times, but I am trying to be realistic. Emotionally I think I will really struggle to have another round of clomid as it turns me into a psychotic cow.

Now I'm onto the 2wk wait. How do you stay optimistic and realistic at the same time. So many of the people around me are pregnant and I can't help but feel jealous. I am happy for my friends, but why not me???

I hope you can help with suggestions of coping. The hardest part of this whole process is that I have no control over any of it.

This week is another blood test to see if I've ovulated. So cautiously optimistic that we did everything right.

Would really like to hear from others.

We haven't told ANYONE we are trying. I couldn't bear the constant questions, and disappointment/ look of pity.

I have my fingers crossed for all of you. Sorry to write a novel, but I really needed to vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BinnyC,

I'm not sure I'm realy qualified to give suggestions on staying positive but realistic, because I have a lot of trouble with that balance myself. I'm sorry to hear of your miscariage, and I hope that your TTC journey comes to a happy end for you soon.

A few days ago I wrote a blog for a friends page, about ttc with PCOS. My husband, also has issues with his sperm, and your welcome to search through the earlier posts if you would like to read more details about me, and our journey. I tried to give my best advice in the blog so here's the punch line ... "the cards you have been dealt do not represent the person you are, rather it is the ‘way you play them’ that determines your true nature....and I’m planning on winning this one".

Keep your head up BinnyC, and keep us updated on your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i love that quote nessie. yes you will win x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks NessieJ.
    I guess I am surprised at how hard it actually is to get pregnant. I will definitely check out the blog. Hubby is booked for the SA tomorrow, so hopefully we will have some answers next week. I had my day 21 blood test today to see what is actually going on.

The 2ww is pretty rubbish, at least I had the wedding over the last few months to distract me..... Might have to get another project ( aside from trying to make babies).

I think there's comfort knowing that someone is also experiencing the same things as you. My friends and family don't get it, but my mother in law was surprisingly supportive through the mc as she had also been through it. (she tried for 7 years before mc, then had 3healthy pregnancies). So there is hope.

Thank you for your quote, I will try to keep it in mind next time the balance is off. Charlie sheen style WINNING! (without the substance abuse.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BinnyC I'm very sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Cant imagine how hard that would be.

im on 3rd round of clomid and super down

I'm 8dpo, no symptoms and thinking this month hasn't been a success. I'm getting my tubes tested next month....dreading the results and its so expensive.

I have no advice except maybe finding friends in a similar position? My fertile mertyl friends don't understand.

I just don't understand how for some people the perfect egg and sperm meet first month.....no matter how unhealthy / how non ideal their BD timing is..

what day are you Binny?

Prinny I'm so excited for you! Don't worry about your lack of symptoms, just enjoy this time

good luck!!!!!
    Last edited by Ainsleyp; 04-10-2012 at 19:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Binnyc sorry bout ur mc I'm super paranoid about it especially as I don't have any symptoms. The whole situation is so frustrating and ttotally not fair. I had to keep trying to remind myself everything happens for a reason. I never thought it would be this hard to get pregnant. I think you should read a book or something that might distract you. It's super amazing having ladies in the same situation to get you through it.

ainsley dont loose hope yet. I didn't hav a real symptoms apart from a little tender nipples and boobs. Even then I didn't think anything of it. Fingers crossed x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies. prinnyC congratulations! I hope u have a wonderful pregnancy. I know it's hard to be optimistic when people like me scare u with our stories. I unknowingly told one of my friends about my mc one week after she found out she was preg - I didn't know she was expecting. I felt really awful that i scared her like hat. I had no symptoms with the mc but deep down my intuition was telling me that everything was not ok. I insisted on bloods and dating scan, they weren't routine, so we did hav indications early that everything might not be going to plan. Doesn't stop you hoping for a miracle though.

AinsleyP we are just a day apart I think. I think i am day 8po today, but had no spike in temps. My bloods from yesterday will hopefully tell me what the hell is going on. I don't know how you have gotten thru 3cycle of clomid. Seriously they really made me crazy depressed, and this is only my first round...

I had the HSG tubes test. Yes it is expensive, but they tell you pretty much straight away what the results are. It's not the most comfortable test to have, makes you crampy like period pains. And the dye well, what goes in, must come out. Honestly it was not as bad as i was expecting, I was scared and really anxious going in, which is weird coz I work in a hospital.

My record for the week before last was 3 different doctors all, checking the vjj. Who would have thought that anyone else, but my husband would be in that vicinity just to try and get you knocked up???... Kinda funny now I think about it.

And finding friends in a similar position? Since I am a newly wed the topic of when r u having kids comes up a LOT. I try to laugh and say we're still practicing, but people just don't get how personal that is. Only yesterday I was talking to A work aquaintence. She actually confided in me that she had 3 mc then one bouncing baby boy. She is perfectly healthy, as is her hubby, and she said to me how much more she appreciates her little boy knowing how hard it was to conceive him. That was a surprise so I think I made a friend.

I am feeling better today, I've had a chat to my besty, but she doesn't quite understand, but sometimes you just need someone to listen.

Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very quick update

Hubby was pro-active today and rung F/S for our next appoitnment, so next Thursday we find out all our results and discuss the next step. I'd be a little more excited only our private health doesn't reach 12months until Feb - so probably wont be able to do anything untill then anyway . Anyway, will keep you updated.

Hope everyone else is keeping well.