+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My period only lasted for 5 days, with very little blood on the 5th day. This is not unlike most of my periods in the last year, except for last cycle that is (1st on clomid) which lasted for 7 days with very little on the 7th.

I was expecting it to be 7 days again and maybe a little heavier seen as I took the privolut. Any thoughts? Are we still in with a chance this month?

On cd9 now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was only 4 days on primolut. I think it's normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: Now on CD12 - Not doing anything at all to predict when I might ovulate this cycle, just doing the baby dance often and hoping for the best. Will get more bloods cd 21 and see how the 100mg clomid went. Longest wait eva! So very much want it to happen this cycle. Everyone around us is getting pregnant no trouble! Hopefuly it's our turn this time. Will keep you all updated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so I know I'm a little obsessive with this site but I've got a few more question....

Can headaches be a sign of ovulation? Particulary clomid induced ovulation? I rarely get headaches, I'm currently on CD14 and have had a headache for the last 7 hours. I could just blame it on the fact that I had my first prac experience with preps today (which was so much fun), but as I said, I rarely get them so wondering if ovulation could be the reason? (As above aparantly I didn't ovulate last cycle and I'd suggest I havn't done much for the past year...hence clomid).

And what about hot flushes?? Within the last couple of months I've been getting hot flushes. A few times a day but more often at night. Is this another symptom from clomid? They come on quite suddenly.

If clomid works for us then I couldn't care less about the side affects, just trying to read my body. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st Round of Clomid and did not ovulate.

Clomid can cause headaches and hot flushes, but so can other things. If you didn't experience these things before clomid you can probably attribute them to the drug.

What's your temp doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainsleyp View Post
    Clomid can cause headaches and hot flushes, but so can other things. If you didn't experience these things before clomid you can probably attribute them to the drug.

What's your temp doing?
    To be honust I havn't been temping. I thought about starting this month given that the OPKs don't seem to work for me, but I decided not to take any tests or do any recording of temperatures or levels this month to relieve a little bit of stress. We have enough stress going on over the next few weeks as it is. I guess we are just hoping for the best 21 day blood results.

If things don't go our way this month, we will definetly be purchasing a body temp therm and inquiring abou the injections, but here's hoping we don't have to worry about all that.

Still getting the headaches and hot flushes though, hope I'm not coming down with something, I've just been braggin about having not got that dreaded winter cold yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey nessie

I too just got a phone call from my gyno to say that my progesterone is still low and looks like i didnt ovulate. Today is day 25 but he still wants me to get another blood test on monday just to make sure i didnt ovulate late! Then he wants me to make an appt with him on wednesday to discuss the next course of action! Feeling a bit down, but i did suspect i didnt ovulate because i have been charting my temps.

So how much did they up your dosage? Did you ask what the chances are of clomid working with the increase in dose??

I feel like saying that if the increase in dosage doesnt work i dont want to wait anymore time on it! Move on to trying injections...
    Ill keep you posted on the outcome next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi prinnyc,

It went from 50mg a day to 100mg a day. I'm currently waiting on a call back from my gyno to tell me if I ovulated this round.

I didn't ask many questions last time, but if the news is no good this time I will be asking for more details. What my levels were. If the injections are a better option then upping it again to 150 and I'll get into temping also becasue I havn't been doing that. I'm also sick of waiting. 14months is long enough to wait.

Do keep us updated on your progress and I'll do the same.

Best wishes.

QUOTE=prinnyc;6783487]hey nessie

I too just got a phone call from my gyno to say that my progesterone is still low and looks like i didnt ovulate. Today is day 25 but he still wants me to get another blood test on monday just to make sure i didnt ovulate late! Then he wants me to make an appt with him on wednesday to discuss the next course of action! Feeling a bit down, but i did suspect i didnt ovulate because i have been charting my temps.

So how much did they up your dosage? Did you ask what the chances are of clomid working with the increase in dose??

I feel like saying that if the increase in dosage doesnt work i dont want to wait anymore time on it! Move on to trying injections...
    Ill keep you posted on the outcome next week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you i shall! Goodluck i hope it worked for you this round! its such a killer waiting for that call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Again,

Test results over the phone again so not a lot of detail. Doesn't look like I ovulated with the 100mg clomid. Next options are; 1) to start on Metaforim but this means we would have to wait a couple months before joining it with clomid. 2) Up the dossage of clomid to 150mg. 3) Get a referal to a f/s to discuss more aggressive approaches such as the injections.

I asked for a referal and made an appointment for next time the f/s is in my area which isn't until 17th Sept. If my next cycle starts in the meantime (I sure hope it would have started by then) we will try the 150mg clomid while we are waiting.

Who thinkgs this is a good approach, and who would have chosen the metaforim option and why?

My gyno is going to call me back tomorow with more details for me as the only information I got about the results was that they "didn't look good again".

In the meantime hubby and I are going to start trying to loose weight together, and I mean realy try, not just talk about it an occasionally eat healthy but realy realy give it a good go. We each need to loose about 10kg to be healthy and probably 20kg to be at our goals.

Trying to think positively, but it's never easy.