+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Quick update. After having got our results the other week DH finaly decided it was time he told his parents. I was very anxious about this, but hi Mum was aparantly very supportive. She told him that they tried 4 years before he was conceived, and that he was a clomid baby! My dh is the oldest of 3, so I don't think they had too much trouble after him. I was worried she'd suggest we hold off IVF until I've finished uni, but alas, they didn't mention it, but rather said that they would always be there if every we needed help - emotionally or financially. Pheew. D/H is also very relieved and seems a little more relaxed now.

Feeling blessed to have two families that care about us so much, and can't wait till the day we can bless them with a grandchild, niece/nephew, cousin, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default more good news .... not

Hi ladies,
    I had my scan yday to check follicles - have one big one. But the FS also confirmed that not only am I lucky enough to have PCOS but also endometrioma on my r ovary. Not sure exactly what that means, but the phrase surgery isn't needed just yet, scared the bajesus outta me. I had no idea surgery was even a possibility - always thought that you had full on symptoms with that. Apparently once it's in your ovaries its pretty advanced.

DH's SA came back textbook, so I am feeling defective :-(

NessieJ I'm so glad that your in laws are being so supportive, that is such a huge weight off your shoulders and one less thing for you to worry about. Your child will be surrounded by so much love :-) they will always know how much they were wanted.

I only got DH to tell my MIL about my mc - they also tried for 7 years before mc then had 3 healthy kids, so not sure if he was a clomid baby or not. My mum has no idea about me, but I'm deciding whether or not I should tell my sister to get checked bcoz endo and PCOS can run in families. We're not that close, she is single and not looking to have kids in the near future.

Hopefully will ov in the next few days -bding my brais out lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie i bet you feel relieved now for telling the familes and im sure they will be a great support to you along this crazy journey! On the positive next year will be here before you know it. x
    Fingers crossed for you Ains & Binny.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prinnyc For This Useful Post:

BinnyC  (01-11-2012),NessieJ  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 1st Round of Clomid and did not ovulate.

Hi everyone hoping I can join this group myself and hubby hav been trying for 6 mnths now we hav 2 kids one 4 yrs and one 2 yrs but we are obviously wanting to add a 3rd I hav had history of ovarian cysts still hav them now I hav fibroids and after having my son was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (hashimotos disease) so anyway since June I've had 2 miscarriages aug and yesterday morning hav always had low hcg levels but this time I just can't seem to keep pregnant it's been harder then I ever imagined if no one u know hasn't mc then u will hav no understanding of what ur feeling emotionally and mentally which I'm finding really hard I'm blessed to hav 2 kids as some hav none but even so it's really hard to deal with. I saw my ob again thus arvo and my levels went from 22 fri to completely none yesterday so she has put it down to my thyroid she has put me on clomid aspirin and folic acid then when if i get a good atrong pregnancy ill start progesterone to keep me pregnant. I'm wanting to know what u all think of clomid the big thing im worried about is twins I really couldn't deal with twins or 4 kids lol I'm not sure if I should just try aspirin and folic acid first if it doesn't work then take clomid. Is this everyone's firsts or more pregnancies ? Would live ur advice etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Prinny!

Im 2dpo so the wait begins. Does anyone check their cervix? Mine only closed today....hope that doesn't mean I ovulated later than I thought? But I got a trigger injection so I don't think it's possible? Sorry for tmi!

chan you can get scans with clomid to avoid twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed Ainsley try and relax I know it sounds impossible! Chan I think the chances of having twins is only quite small. Maybe just start off on a low dose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and forgot to add, nope never checked cervix and if i did i wouldnt have a clue what i was looking at lol are you still temping?? before i found out i was preggas mine was still high and never dropped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Thanks for ur support Prinny - How is everything going with you??
    Ainsley I stopped checking my cervix after the first +opk, and after I temped to confirm ov. This time looks like day 15 - so I am now 5dpo..... and starting to get ancy. I will not buy a pg test!!!

Chan - welcome. Yeah there's a greater chance with twins with clomid, BUT get ur gyn to scan you (I have scans day 12) to see how many follicles. If the are checking to see how many eggs u release u will hav a smaller chance. That means that if they see 4+ just dont have the sex then. You should warn ur hubby too - bcause it affects ur hormones it can make u seriously emotional.
    For me it's like superPMS. So sorry to hear about ur miscarriages. I had one im May (my first pregnancy, and while I am a bit better about dealing with it,) my due date would be next month, and I don't know how I will cope with that if i'm not pregnant by then.

AFM I am off to try acupuncture for fertility. I read on here that it can help with IVF too (something to think about for u NessieJ), and can help also maintain a pregnancy. I'm open to trying anything at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies whats going on you have gone quiet? give me an update.. ainsley whats happening with you? Hope you are all doing well x

im just hanging out till my 12 week scan next week so nervous i just hope there is still a little baby in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls, just moping as I'm CD4 today

Will start my 5th round of clomid soon.....5!!!! Why isn't it working?!

Prinny when is your scan? How exciting! Do you have morning sickness? I hope you're enjoying your pregnancy