+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG level 28....

Not sure when i ovulated, but my blood tests was done on Friday, last period on the 7th of June and ive just talk to the result line and the girl said my HCG level was 28.....Is this normal? Im thinking its pretty low She said the doctor hadn't reviewed it yet, and before I hardly got another word in she had hung up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was 35 when AF was already two or three days late, the doc wanted to test again in 3 days as they do a retest when its below 100. Mine was a BFP, congrats I hope yours is too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh thanks Im trying to keep my hopes up Hopefully the doctor contacts me when she has reviewed it, but the girl on the phone didnt say if she was going to or not, and being a first timer i dont know how all of this works

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The first hCG result usually doesn't mean too much by itself because "normal" results vary so radically. What's important is that the hCG doubles every 48-72 hours, so hCG results only really become meaningful when you can compare them to each other.

Are you having another test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as I know im not having another test.....The doctor hadnt reviewed the result yet....And i dont know if she is gonna contact me when she has reviewed it either?..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, called the girl back on the result line, she couldnt see my progesterone level anywhere, but i was low in iron and my glucose was 6,1 mmols as well as the HCG being 28, so she said i would need to see the doctor again anyways, so i have booked in for Wednesday, hopefully it all goes well.
    Last edited by Mize28; 02-07-2012 at 16:58.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best wishes, keep us posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, just did two more tests this afternoon, and both came up with very strong positive which is better than what they did the day before my blood tests, so im assuming/hoping that this means my HCG levels are rising

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mize28 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mize28... My fingers and toes are crossed for you! I have heard of low hcg levels rising steadily and turning into beautiful babes but my own track record has not been that fab!
    My hcg was 36 on Monday and I am champing a the bit to see it rise this week. Have had one start at 49 that ended in mc at 6weeks, another started at 100, that rose steadily, only to end at 12 wks.
    I am a mess of nerves right now... So I need you to be my little rising hcg buddy! Onward and upward I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so a quick update.

Saw GP today who told me to relax and be positive. When the test was done i was only 3+1, and judging on my preg tests that are very strong, she reckons its rising. But as i gotta have a fasting blood glucose done on friday, im getting my HCG level done as well, but im pretty excited

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mize28 For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (04-07-2012)