+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Tell me all the positive things about having 3 children

I am pregnant with my third and just a little (a lot) scared about how i will cope. I keep thinking about all the hard stuff so i need some help to start thinking with some positivity - tell about some good things about 3 children or even just babies in general.
    Please no horror stories, just nice stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi. What will your age gaps be?
    We are hoping to be expecting number 3 soon.
    We have a 3yr age gap between our boys which we find is perfect. Ds1 was very self sufficient by the time his brother came along and is even more so now and he's in kindy half days. We expect to have a 2.5-3yr gap between baby 2 and 3 in hope it will much the same as it was between 1 and 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    umm they can play piggy in the middle when they get older??

only experience i have is growing up lol. good luck =]

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandy_1902 For This Useful Post:

Bubs'n'Roses  (02-07-2012),JJZK  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have 2, but off the top of my head..

- More excitment (crazzyness!) at Christmas etc
    - More potential for your kids kids to have lots of cousins to love
    - Potentially less competition than if there were 'just' two children.

Congratulations! I am sure you will surprise yourself in your ability to cope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Hi. What will your age gaps be?
    We are hoping to be expecting number 3 soon.
    We have a 3yr age gap between our boys which we find is perfect. Ds1 was very self sufficient by the time his brother came along and is even more so now and he's in kindy half days. We expect to have a 2.5-3yr gap between baby 2 and 3 in hope it will much the same as it was between 1 and 2.
    My first 2 are 21 months apart and my youngest will be a couple months of 3 when bub #3 is due.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am in the same boat as you. I'm about to have dinner, will be back later to comment.

Congratulations

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    omg i could of written this topic lol. but there is 14mnths between my 1st 2 and my ds will 2 mnths off 4 when this little bee is born, an my dd will be 4mnths of 2 freaking out big time now lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 is the perfect number for us. Although your age gap will be easier than mine for the early years. My #1 was 4.5yrs when my twins were born.

My girls are all older now and it's good. Not sure if I will be able to say that when they are all older though. But then that's a 3 teenage girl thing and not a 3 children thing.

They do tend to pair off and do things with just 2 of them at times but it's not always the same 2 so one of them isn't always left out. But now that they are older it's different anyway. DD1 & DD2 both love gymnastics and have that in common while personality wise DD1 & DD3 are more alike.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in the same boat, waiting for #3. My gaps are 4yrs and then 3yrs. Incidentally, the exact same age gap between me and my siblings. I'm not sure if the gap is helpful or night actually. We are really hoping DS slots into family routine and if not we'll be adapting.

As for when they get a bit bigger, I guess you have to remember that your first gets older and therefore will become more responsible, even in the littlest ways. When I was kid - I was the oldest - it meant always having someone to play with, that you could play games like "hide & seek" and it was much more interesting than just having two of you and you just take turns. It was always more fun to have 3 kids bouncing on a trampoline than just two, you never knew which one was going to trip you. When one sibling had a friend stay over, you had even teams.

The thing I'm worried about is JUGGLING tasks. For example, school mornings where I make both DDs lunch and also have DS to feed and look after. Night times when DDs need to shower, DS needs to bath, dinner needs to be made. At the moment I can leave DDs in the shower if I need to.
    Keeping on top of washing sounds daunting lol, I barely manage now.
    Remembering everything when we go out.

I might be on the wrong track but that's how I'm thinking for the moment lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought of one - 3 is a magic number