Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Bit of both

Babies - go with the flow
    Pre school - go with the follow except bed time when we are home
    School - plan around school and activities
    Adult - plan what we can with her and the rest we just hope and pray
    Pretty much this, although we are still at Pre school stage. We've managed to go out for dinner nearly every week since having DS, when he was an infant he'd just sleep in the pram now he eats with us/plays with the iPad/runs around causing havoc the only thing we no longer do is go out together without him as we have no family here to babysit. We occasionally go out separately though. He's never had a strict routine therefore when we do something different it doesn't really affect him anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    A bit of both to be honest.. it depends on what we're doing. If we have been invited to a birthday party or something than we go and we work out feeds/sleeps around the things that we're doing.
    This is us as well. I don't turn down invitations to things because of DD but I try and time things around her sleeps (eg early lunch, early dinner) or if we can't I'll plan her sleeps around it (ie she can sleep in the Ergo there). I also aim for at least one of her naps at home (usually her afternoon nap).

I guess the one thing we used to do that we don't anymore is going out for dinner with friends unless it's an early dinner so we're home by 7:30 at the latest or if I go out to a late dinner once she's in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do everything around a nap routine. Babies are people, people we chose to have so why can't they have their sleep in their bed like I do?!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

Hannahly  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, if I planned around my bubs routine dd1 would never get to school or get picked up, I'd be fat cause I'd never be able to goto the gym, dd2 would never have play dates. Sorry just not possible! Maybe if I was a new mum of 1 again?! Haha seriously, life has to happen, if I stayed at home couped up in the house just so dd3 could nap I'd slowly go insane!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To an extent I do...
    I always make sure DS 7 months has his morning sleep so I plan things for the afternoon.
    I'm happy for him to get his arvo sleep in the car/ pram etc....
    I find if he has 2 cr@ppy sleeps then he is a nightmare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    I do everything around a nap routine. Babies are people, people we chose to have so why can't they have their sleep in their bed like I do?!
    Because some happen to be just as happy to sleep in a pram as they are in a bed. Infact my DS used to hate being put down for a nap in the cot during the day
    , he was far happier in a moving pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit of both here too. When she was younger, DD was not a happy girl if she missed a nap/napped late. She would sleep in her pram if we were walking around, but wouldn't sleep at other people's houses, in the car, etc. As a result, I tried very hard to be home during her normal nap times and not to be out too late in the evenings. It wasn't fair on her and was no fun for us if she was overtired. As she got older (maybe 18mths or so) she became more flexible and coped better with no nap/late nap/late bedtime/etc. As a result we were able to be more flexible too and go with the flow more. Now she's over 2, she doesn't have a nap during the day which makes our days easy, but we need to be home pretty early or she's miserable as she needs to go to bed.

Overall, I guess were were more a "plan around baby's routine" family - hopefully baby #2 will be a bit more flexible and sleep when we are out so we can go with the flow more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not at all. We just go with the flow. Routine isn't my thing.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both - but more on the go with the flow. We are homebodies which makes it easier to 'go with the flow' as it would only be once a week at most that we are out all day or out at night. We dont though have a strict naptime/bedtime and just follow her cues so even when we are home and in 'routine' the times change anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive always been flexible and always have just gone with the flow never been to strict with their routines.
    Found that my kids sleep better when we are out then at home during the day anyway. So if something came up and we went out it never bothered me.