+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A bit of both to be honest.. it depends on what we're doing. If we have been invited to a birthday party or something than we go and we work out feeds/sleeps around the things that we're doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A little from column A, a little from column B.
    Mostly i go with the flow but it depends, if my kids are in a real grumpy mood or tired i won't go out (or i'll go home early if we are out). They were never big day sleepers so that was never an issue but they do have an early bedtime so i will avoid going out too late - however i will on occasion. it really just depends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have never planned things around naps, etc....we have a basic routine that happens everyday but if we have to/want to go out we just do and everyone is cool with that. Having said that, my life is now planned around extra curricular activites, school events and homework

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both. I try and accomodate their needs as much as possible, but there are times when they have to fit in with what DH & I need to do too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    For now I just go with the flow and it seems to work for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We still go out but try and work it between his naps/sleeps, if we are going out at night I try hold back his afternoon nap so he sleeps later so he can stay up a bit longer at night and try and make sure with lunches/playdates we are home by 2 as he needs his nap then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has never really been one to sleep in the car or pram so I plan to be home for his sleeps. It's much easier now that he's on one sleep. He goes to bed at 6 for the night so I rarely go out at night unless DH will be home. He's only just started sleeping through so I'm not going to mess with that!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Probably in the first year I would ensure I was home for his nap times although I am a big walker and he quite happily sleeps in it if required. Now if we have something planned I ensure he gets put down for his nap beforehand. We won't stay out very long at all past 8.30pm though. We like to ensure the kids go to bed at a reasonable time and we are happy to go home by then anyway.
    DH and I were never party animals out late at night anyway so having the kids we don't feel has interupted our lifestyle too much. We've always prefered to have friends over or go to friends houses rather than go pubbing so not much has changed there. Having kids has made us be early risers but we now prefer getting up early and feel the day is half over sleeping in later than 6am

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do what makes life as smooth as possible so I usually try plan around DD's sleep times and anywhere I go with DD I try make sure its close to a park/playcenter I arrange my coffee dates at Mcdonalds or the beach so she can get out of the pram and play etc

So I guess life isn't as flexible as it was but I'd have DD over anything

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prior to around 8 months we just went with the flow. Since then DD has slept so much better at home so I've planned my days to be home for naps. This has been so much less of a PITA since she dropped back to 1 nap and became very predictable with her nap time and length. Our lives are completely and utterly different since having DD as we lived a lifestyle that was entirely incompatible with young children.
    I definitely miss aspects of the old life but wouldn't change a thing