+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you plan your life around baby's /kids routine or just go with the flow?

Do you not go out in case it interrupts the little one's routine? have you changed your lifestyle alot since having kids? or do you try to get your kids to fit into your lifestyle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I plan everything around baby. If she naps at 12 I go out before or after. If I am going out to dinner or something I put her down for a nap just before so she is nice and chirpy. Life has changed for me 100% but I love every single minute of it. She is in a semi routine so I just work off that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never really planned stuff around my kids routines. We are very flexible and they sleep anywhere if needed. Well they did when younger. If we are out late, they crash on the lounge. My kids are part of my life and we do everything together. I think it has been very easy living this way. Being on a strict time schedule would never work for us.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I go with the flow. When she was tiny if she was ready for a sleep but I needed to go out I just out her down in the capsule so I could just take her out to the car. Now if she falls asleep in the car going somewhere I can still put her in the pram and she will stay asleep (unless I pull up at the shops and the bloody trolley guy comes along and wakes her up with his noisy tractor and trailer).

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do everything we use to and DD comes along for the ride. We are lucky that now she is in her sleep routine she will sleep anywhere and changing it a bit here and there doesn't make too much difference to her.

Having said that, DD was prem and in Nicu for nine weeks so our lives completely revolved around her timings then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeap i sure do. Not as much as i used to but things like not going out at night even for dinner, i have always done as it messes up sleep when he has such a great bedtime routine now, why would i want to ruin it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends. With my first one it all revolved around their routine, except the occasional family function etc. With the second I made sure they got at least one 1 sleep a day at home in their own bed. but this worked because I had two under two. This time I'll have a kinder run, a school run, swimming lessons and soccer practice one afternoon a week at 5.30pm. Baby has no choice but to go along!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're a go with the flow family

*I can haz typos*

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Once my kids are down to one nap a day, I try to plan my day around this. They do sleep in the pram, car and other places, but not as well as in their own bed. I do sometimes make exceptions, but it's not often as they are tired and grumpy for the rest of the day, which is no fun for anyone.

We rarely go out at night, either. My kids are in bed between 6:30 and 7:30. Anything after 8pm is a disaster, so we only do that if it's a big celebration.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 02-07-2012 at 18:48.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very flexible with all things except the kids once a day nap . They both don't cope without that .

We had a bday that begun at 12 and they are normally in bed around 12:30. We went to see how they'd go , well DD fell asleep in the car 5 minutes before we arrived and slept in my arms for another half hour at the party so that was ok but DS survived till around 3pm without he's nap but I could see he was completely getting beside himself with tiredness so I tried putting him to sleep there , it didn't work so we left and he collapses in the car . This proved I'm still unable to be flexible regarding their day sleep , he just can't cope and is no longer flexible like DD who will sleep anywhere . So I'll go late to things now and try and get him to have a sleep beforehand , of leave early before he's deliriously tired . Most people around us understand this .

As for the rest of my life yep it's changed a complete 360 degrees since having kids. I used to gallivant alot of nights every week pre - kids with my friends , dinner , movies , concerts, my weekly book club etc.

I don't go anywhere now . Ever . And it's by choice , I fully admit its my own choice and my own fault, but I just want to be with my kids always . I worry too much when im away from them and they will tag along with me everywhere now or I just don't go if they can't come . I'm not saying its healthy but it's just me . I don't think it has to be that way though , all my friends with kids are awesome parents , their life revolves around their kids but they've still managed to keep abit of a social lives for themselves when their kiddies are in bed or if they get minded by their fathers or a grandparent etc.