+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ashford/Calvary Hospital Adelaide Dr Kay Wilson

HI

I am pregnant with first baby and want to go to either ashford or calvary as they are close. Does anyone have any opinions on the 2? Also I have made an appointment to see Dr Kay Wilson, has anyone seen her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had both my sons at Ashford.

First time I encountered a few crappy midwives, but otherwise no complaints. i had an emergency c-section. We stayed 7 nights in total and we got moved into a family room (queen sized bed) on the 4th night which was great. DF stayed every night.

Second time around - Just 3.5 weeks ago - I could not fault them. All the midwives were amazingly supportive and I had a wonderful elective c-section. We stayed two nights at the hospital and then three at the Hilton as part of their baby bliss program and it was so, so good. I didn't want to leave!

I cannot rate Ashford highly enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At ashford, you can go to the Hilton for a couple of nights of docs give you and bubs the ok... We did and I loved it! Much better food plus more privacy but wig the advantage of a midwife being across the hall!

Cant fault ashford though In my opinion, had one annoying midwife, but everyone else was amazing and very helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old thread but was just wondering if anyone else had some input on ashford
    are the rooms nice?
    are they all private rooms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I loved ashford, not going there again but not by choice! Room was nice and I only saw private rooms, no idea if they have over flow rooms or somehing, all my gfs had private rooms as well.Dr day was my ob and he was great, wouldn't hesitate to see him or go back to ashford with this bub if I still had private health insurance Edit: just realised I already replied in this thread ages ago hahah opps still feel the same-no Hilton though anymore, they go to another hotel (name escapes me) if your allowed.
    Last edited by F&A; 15-10-2012 at 22:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    I loved ashford, not going there again but not by choice! Room was nice and I only saw private rooms, no idea if they have over flow rooms or somehing, all my gfs had private rooms as well.Dr day was my ob and he was great, wouldn't hesitate to see him or go back to ashford with this bub if I still had private health insurance Edit: just realised I already replied in this thread ages ago hahah opps still feel the same-no Hilton though anymore, they go to another hotel (name escapes me) if your allowed.
    Oh that's ok thanks for replying my ob dr Mandy Nichols which I find fantastic only delivers from ashford so I'm just making sure its all good yeh I think they go to inter continental now so would really love if they gave me that option
    I think dr Andrew day is on a roster with my doc so if some reason she can't be the he will be on duty