+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default People Need to take better care of their Pets!!!

I live next to a small block of aged Pensioner units. Every time I look over there I see at least 2 cats that look the same, I once in fact I once saw 6 all the same. It was kind of spooky like something out of Children of the corn. Some of them had Red Collars, some Blue (maybe boys & Girls?)
    We have 5 cats here. One lives outdoors as she would never stay inside, One goes out during the day and the other 3 are Indoor cats. We have also seen up to 3 other cats (a couple of Full black ones and a Ginger one) roaming around.

A Couple of weeks ago I was speaking to one of the neighbours in the units and mentioned I had seen all the cats. she said some were hers and some belonged to a lady across the road.

Today I looked in the back yard and saw one of the children of the corn cats I kicked the back door to scare it out of the yard and it just kinda wobbled like it was looking footing on the edging. I went to go out and shoo it and it was not looking well. The fur on it feet & rear looked all matted and messy and it looked like it was Fitting.

I went next door and asked the lady to come and look to see if it was hers or one from Across the road. She advised that it was a kitten from across the road but she had given it to another man in her block of units. I decided to take it to the vet, I advised that I was calling it a Stray as no one would Own up to owning it. The vet called and advised that it could maybe be saved, but they needed to talk to the owners. I told them again that the people I think own it would not admit to it. They just said if anyone did to ask them to call.

The Lady from next door Just came around begging me to call and tell them it really was a stray and to find out what was happening with it. I had to tell her 10 times that if she wanted to know she could call and find out herself but all they were telling me was they needed to find the owner.

She mentioned a couple of time today that she doesn't have any of her cats de-sexed and neither does the neighbour across the road. Originally it was one children of the corn cat (her male) and one of the black ones across the road but be cause neither of them were de sexed they Bred a couple of times. They have twice had Housing Commission come and take cats away and tell them no more cats but they still haven't De sexed them.

This explains more why Our Boys mark all the doors and Windows and pretty much anywhere the smell from her boys comes in.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Poor things. I hate to see animals unloved and not looked after properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i'd ring the local council and tell them. i love dogs and cats, but i love wildlife better. i'm a wildlife carer and i also have dogs (and up to a few months ago) a cat.

i'd love to see compulsory sterilisation and registration become law for domestic pets. i just adopted a dog through petrescue and they are inundated by animals because of irresponsible people. i hate that every day animals are being euthanised simply because people are lazy.
    i also hate the destruction that dogs and cats inflict, especially when let to run feral.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

angelini  (02-07-2012)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate hearing about animals being treated badly

Kinda makes me want to do 'eye-for-an-eye' style punishment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you put a call in to the RSPCA or local council to lodge a complaint. They have to come out and at least speak to the owners or non-owners if it may be. And if both people at that time say the cats aren't theirs, there's a good chance they take them all away. But not sure about the de-sexing thing, but I thought all dogs and cats had to be de-sexed unless they were to be shown or bread, at which point I think they need to still have them registered with their local council and maybe a permit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I am so hearing you on this one. We have one cat and one dog (toy poodle), both are strictly inside animals only. We have so many cats that come into our yard and there is one in particular that keeps coming at the moment, and rips all our screens trying to get at our cat! It even got up on our second storey ledge one night and ripped our bedroom screen at about 4am (it was summer and our cat was in our room) our bedroom window was open and it scared us half to death. We take good care of our animals and it isn't fair that we have to deal with our house getting wrecked and our cat getting scared to death and then deal with him marking as well because of someone else not looking after their animal! We have a humane cage that just traps the cat, which we bought when we were finally at our wits end. I absolutely won't stand for anything that will hurt an animal. We have used it once to catch a stray that we then took to the RSPCA but this little one is a smart bugger and keeps getting out! We are at our wits end and don't know how to get rid of it.

I hope for that poor cats sake that you found that it is ok and someone owns up to owning it. I would lodge a complaint with the Council, if you can figure out who owns it. We have no idea who owns this one that keeps coming to our place so that option is out for us. Maybe we need to put a GPS tracker on it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's disgusting Those poor animals.

I have a dog (adopted) and two cats (one of those also adopted).
    All of my animals are desexed and microchipped.
    It's a one off bill to pay! You do it because you have to!

Some people suck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our neighbours dogs came down with parvo a few months ago. When they first noticed a sick pup I told them I thought it was parvo and to keep the dog separate until they knew exactly what was wrong. (They claimed that they couldn't afford to take it to the vet straight away... but they could afford their 2 slabs of mixed spirits a week at $75 a pop couldn't they )

They have about 10 dogs... which they use for hunting. We live in the country.

They simply shoved the sick pup down in a dog pen and let it waste away. I found out that it died two days later.

Then the rest of their dogs and everyone elses dogs, pups etc started to fall ill. We took all of our dogs to the vet to get vaccination boosters as we were so worried. Ours didn't end up sick at all. - Edited to add: we only have 3 dogs. 2 live inside full time and one is the farm dog.

A number of their friends dogs died, one even had a necropsy done and proved it was parvo. The original owners still deny that they ever had parvo... their dogs are still unvaccinated and they are still breeding puppies and stuffing them all in dirty, faeces filled dog runs.

It makes me sick.

Needless to say, we don’t visit these neighbours anymore and they are not welcome at our property.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh CountryLovin please report them

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (02-07-2012),jagamoe  (03-07-2012),MissMuppet  (02-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It makes me so angry that people treat animals like this! I live in a low socioeconomic area and have noticed that there are a lot more cats roaming around than in areas I have lived in before. People obviously can't afford to have their cats desexed or would rather spend their money on alcohol (sorry that's not very nice of me).

We have 2 cats. Both of them wondered in and then settled in. The first one had run away from her new home and was on her way back to her old home. She was microchipped and so we were able to contact the owners. They didn't want her anymore so we kept her. The second one we named homeless Pete (or HP). He is a beautiful cat but has been treated soooooo badly. He has been with us for nearly 2 years and still can't be inside with the door fully closed. When he first came to us when he got scared (like being inside the house) he would crouch down low to the ground and wee uncontrollably as he looked for something to hide under. He has lots of broken teeth and can't breath properly. I think he has either been hit by a car or had someone hit him across the head with a cricket bat! I have never seen him jump higher than my bed and you will always find him underneath things like a car, the deck or under the house. Poor HP! But he is slowly getting better. He will now stand on my lap and will even sometimes let me pick him up and put him on my lap. In the last few weeks I have been able to close the back door for short periods of time. I am trying to teach him to meow when he wants to go outside.

I wish there was some way councils could offer free desexing and make it compulsory. I think the only ones that should be excempt are those that have a breeders license