Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't have a problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hurt more to poo and fart in the 2 weeks after than anything to do with the surgery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You have to show your bowels are working and they like you to have passed wind if nothing else. Not just the spinal but also morphine, endone etc will constipate you like codeine so it can be tricky! I had bladder issues I assume because of a nerve they cut - I couldn't feel any sensation of needing to go for about a month after but it all worked properly if I remembered to make myself go anyway :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went home 2 days after the c-section.
    I felt constipated within 12ish hours after the C/S.
    I was to scared to go.. I told my midwife and she told me to eat a few bits of fruit (Some family had brought me up a basket of apples, bananas, peaches etc.. Weird birth pressie, But it came in handy )
    Not long after eating it I really needed to go!
    My midwife sat in the toilet with me and calmed me down, was reassuring me everything would be fine and I did a poop.
    I have to hand it to those midwives/nurses they really do put up with a lot!

After I got over the fear I went quite a few times they were happy enough to let me go home 2 days later.

I didn't have a spinal, I had GA.
    So I can't comment if that effected anything or not, I did have a morphine drip after and I *think* that might cause constipation.
    I found once I got home the nurofen plus they asked me to take was really backing me up! It was getting painful..
    I had home visits from midwives and one told me to start drinking pear juice (in the tin) well.. That was by far the best bowl moving remedy I have ever tried!
    It maybe helped a little to much :blush:

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just get a supply of metamucil. GCH supplies it every morning with your breakfast after you've had a csection and once you're home take it with breakfast every day until you no longer are taking pain meds. I felt 86, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have problems either time. I think it was day 3 both times, but it didn't hurt, I was just careful and pushed gently.

DS was an emergency, so that was an Epi and DD was planned and a spinal. Like a PP said, the drugs can also block you up - especially the Oxycodeine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first wee was a bit painful as the catheter had irritated my urine tract. I didn't have problems with bowel movements and I had a spinal. I think it might be because my room was the furthest away from the SCN and I was forced to walk there every hour to express and feed. So the moving around might've helped things along.

But yes, do not strain as this is indeed no good for your stitches. If you get constipated or have issues going, just ask them for some Movicon. That will do the trick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies. I just wanted to check, I'm not sure if I'll be having a c-section yet (in a race against the date really) so thought best to find out and I can prepare for that by taking some fruit that might help ease things along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the first wee really hard, like I had stage fright. Took me a good 5 hours after the catheter was out. The nurse said I would probably go in the shower because running water has that effect, but it didn't for me. I really had to wait until I was busting.
    As for poos, I didn't have a bowel movement until day 5 and that was with more pear juice than I could bear to drink and heaps of Coloxyl drops. I was in a lot of discomfort and pain. In the end I sat for about an hour before I could do anything. It was just a waiting game - waiting on the toilet though. I'd def recommend making sure you're all good before the surgery (I had mild constipation as it was before I had the c-sec). I'm currently taking 2 sachets of Fybogel a day and eating lots of sultana bran If I have to have another c-sec I think I'll have prune juice instead of pear juice. I can hardly stomach the stuff now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was constipated for about 4 or 5 days, they gave me coloxyl with senna every day until I went, and omg when it hit, I was like DUDE get me to the toilet, then one of the other patients was in the toilet so I had to hobble/run to the next room to use the loo, it was awful, I wouldn't recommend taking too many laxatives!