+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Silly Question* When you have a c-section...

Does it mess with your bowels and peeing ability like a vaginal birth can? I've had 2 vaginal births and both time the criteria for going home was doing a #2 and they gave you stuff to help you go (Metamucil I think) because of all the pushing things could be a bit difficult.

Is that an issue with a c-section? I found peeing the first time after the births a bit stingy but it wasn't too hard. I just don't know what to expect should I reach the c-section date first. TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got really constipated because I found it painful getting up and down from the toilet so put off going lol.

ETA I had a general so no epi or spinal.
    Last edited by brooke88(mum2b09); 02-07-2012 at 12:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh for me anyway had bowel probs for a few weeks after

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah cr@p (excuse the pun). I guess you also have to be careful not to strain right because you've got the stitches and everything so close to that area?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peeing is no problems at all but passing a bowel motion can be a little painful especially if you're constipated which can be common after a spinal. And also trying to sit on the toliet where's it's not uncomfortable as you can be a little fragile and unsteady for a few days..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My sister has just had her second c section and didnt have a problem doing #2s both times. They both came on day 3 As pp have said It can be quite painful because that entire area is sore and can easily become painful but everybody is different, it might be easy

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to do a poo before going home as it is surgery and the anesthetic can potentially cause harm to other organs. Doing a poo is indication that everything is working how it should. I didnt find it hurt but was very regular, it would if you strained, hold a pad on the wound helps

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was more of a mental block (excuse the pun!) as I was scared the stitches would come apart. I recommend lots of water, dried pears, fruit.... anything to make it easier.

Guest Guest
    I've had both, and yeah pretty much they treat you the same. Was painful to sit and you can't push so you'll need some type of metamucil, stool softening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Constipation can be a problem due to the epi/spinal. I didn't have to go before they would release me but was given some laxatives to take home which definitely helped. I think for me it may have been more the fear of hurting my wound.... I also found the first wee a bit of a problem after having the catheter taken out.