+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I just thought that I'd introduce myself. Mine is, I'm sure the same as everyone's, a long, complicated story to end up here. Rather than bore everyone with the details, I may, sometime in the next few days just start a TTC journal, I found that helpful with my high risk pregnancy in October 2011. I've since had another 3 miscarriages (the most recent starting this morning).

To cut a long story short though, I have repartnered in January this year with a beautiful man who has 4 children of his own (2 adults, 25 & 21, both girls) and 2 boys (14 & 7). We were engaged a couple of months later and have been TTC since February 2012. After my situation & miscarriage in October 2011, I was determined not to have any more kids, then, when we met and fell in love, fell pregnant by accident, I realised just how badly I wanted another baby and how much we wanted one together. Another miscarriage in May, then, while waiting for AF to arrive this time around to commence our IVF treatments, we discovered I was pregnant again, only to miscarry this morning.

Our problem is not getting pregnant, our problem is me staying pregnant. If my FS's IVF investigations are anything to go by, my AMH is <1, I am on borrowed time with poor quality eggs due to my age. I find it disturbing that I have such poor quality eggs at 41 when there are plenty of women far older than me conceiving naturally and having perfectly healthy babies. It makes me incredibly angry and sad that there are so many women out there that take the gift of pregnancy for granted and smoke, drink and do drugs while pregnant and some of us do everything possible and we still fail.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, give you a quick background and let you know that I'll be hanging around for a while.

Raeleneb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear of all the miscarriages. I know how heartbreaking it is so
    Welcome to the Hub and i wish you the best of luck with TTC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

mymiraclebubba  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Raelene,

I am so sorry to hear of the heartache you must have experienced. I can only begin to imagine how hard it must have been for you. I am only just starting the journey... TTC in August... I hope that we can share stories of our pregnancies together and I know that the little angel that will one day join your family will be perfect in every way. Good luck... thinking of you.

xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

mymiraclebubba  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies,

I called the fertility clinic to provide them with the update for my records and they couldn't believe it. They have asked me to do another blood tomorrow instead of today because it could actually mean something else, although what I have no idea. I'm need bleeding a lot, just a bit and I still have headaches and my boobs are veinier than they've ever been.

I'm just monitoring things at the moment but am going to start a TTC journal if nothing than to record my feelings and symptoms during every step of the journey for others. Believe it or not, after the past 4 miscarriages, I can't remember if I continued to have pregnancy symptoms while I was miscarrying which to me seems strange because they weren't that long ago...at least by keeping a journal, I'll have the record for next time and maybe someone else might benefit from the journey (I hope though that nobody else ever has to experience this). I know that's unrealistic and that others stories are worse than mine but at the moment I just have an overwhelming feeling of sadness wondering when will the miscarriages be over and we have one that sticks.