+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Yes! I did. Induced for DS at 40+16, an experience I never want to repeat. Spontaneous labour with DD at 40+10, a walk in the park.

You DO have options even if your MWs or OBs don't tell you. As soon as you start to consent to S&Ss, ARMs etc you're on the clock. Offer to be regularly monitored. If you start to go over then lots of walking and consider accupuncture, accupressure, pregnancy massages etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first was induced as I had GD with insulin. I went in at 38+2 and she came at 38+5. Drs were happy to take it slowly and they broke my water and put me on a drip on the day she was born at 11am she came at 430pm that arvo.

Being induced again for same reason and am going to ask to be induced at 38+7 which is 1 week away today.

My first induction was great so I'm not worried about the second but am more educated this time. I have SPD and an abdominal hernia so I want her born ASAP but not too soon lol.

My best advice is listen to your body first and foremost and push for that extra monitoring past 40 weeks. Best of luck come delivery day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You don't have to be induced. They could book you in, but they can't force you to show up for your appointment.

Also, I've read the story of one of bubhub members who went to 44 weeks naturally.

But, I was induced for dd2, and it was a great experience. Didn't need any pain relief, it was a very calm and relaxed environment, and I loved it. Not all inductions are bad experiences.