+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Okay, so I decided to be brave and share mine too....I took a few with the flash on, but they showed my stretchmarks horribly, so I'm not posting those. I'm not quite brave enough to share that with the world, lmao!! This is 5 and a half years after having my son, I am currently at 84kgs....2kgs heavier than I was at full-term in my pregnancy!

uploads 154.JPG
    uploads 157.jpg
    Last edited by ~ElectricPink~; 01-07-2012 at 23:30.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (02-07-2012),Littlemissmetal  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Nemmi:

I assume these scars weren't put there just for sh!ts and giggles, but for a lifesaving function instead. So I would be damned proud of them if I were you. Without those scars, you might not have been around
    without the first (the huge gash across my tummy) I would not have survived to get the second, third or fourth.

I was born 8weeks prem 25 years ago weighing only one pound, I had bowel blockages that were so severe that they required 30 cm of bowel removed at 3 days old (they didnt even know if Iwould survive the surgery),mum and dad had to make alot of very hard decisions with me, they fought very hard to keep me (I had surgery at days on my stomach, 10 months on my brain and lower back and 12 months I had an entire hip construction in the hopes it would enable me to walk, I can walk just and barely. I have very limited hip function)

But I definately would not have made it to 25 without the first operation as I could not absorb food

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (03-07-2012),Kaybaby  (03-07-2012),made2bAmummy  (03-07-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    After 2 pregnancies, my youngest is about to turn 2 this month.
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1341149423.366064.jpgImageUploadedByBub Hub1341149439.360361.jpg

'scuse the outfit, I'm not feeling very well tonight

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (02-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    without the first (the huge gash across my tummy) I would not have survived to get the second, third or fourth.

I was born 8weeks prem 25 years ago weighing only one pound, I had bowel blockages that were so severe that they required 30 cm of bowel removed at 3 days old (they didnt even know if Iwould survive the surgery),mum and dad had to make alot of very hard decisions with me, they fought very hard to keep me (I had surgery at days on my stomach, 10 months on my brain and lower back and 12 months I had an entire hip construction in the hopes it would enable me to walk, I can walk just and barely. I have very limited hip function)

But I definately would not have made it to 25 without the first operation as I could not absorb food
    All these battles and still being able to have a child of your own and being around to see him grow up too, makes a physical scar look so insignificant.
    You need to be kind to yourself hun. I don't think anyone would think "OMG they look horrible! Soooo ugly!".
    People might just wonder what happened to you in the past to have received such scars and you'll find that most people will be empathic towards you and nothing else. They wont judge your looks due to some scars. They will judge your personality as being a strong and determined one.
    These scars are trophies to be proud of.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (02-07-2012),Gothel  (03-07-2012),Justwant2beamummy  (02-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (02-07-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post

'scuse the outfit, I'm not feeling very well tonight
    Trackies? We bub hubbers expect nothing less than heels and gowns on members! You are not excused! Lol- I LIVE in what you have on

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (02-07-2012),jagamoe  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    This is me at the beach today with DS2, had just taken mr sleepy head out of the ergo so I look a wee bit creased from that!

There are plenty of things about my body that aren't great (I have allergies to a number of foods, my babies so far have had to come out the trapdoor, endless problems with my teeth etc) but we eat extremely well and look after ourselves and I'm proud that I can still wear a bikini confidently post kids

I think everyone looks beautiful. Our bodies made our babies and that is priceless
    Um, can you please tell me where you live so I can move there, too? Who gets to wear a bikini on the beach in the middle of winter?! Was about 12 degrees here, I'm jealous!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    Trackies? We bub hubbers expect nothing less than heels and gowns on members! You are not excused! Lol- I LIVE in what you have on
    Doesn't look so bad in the pics but the top especially is all stretched and see through and gross lol. I actually had 2 pairs of track pants on coz its an ice cave in my house, but I took one pair off coz I looked weird haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaha.. gosh you should see me right now, lol.. I should post a pic but I'm almost full term so wouldn't be going with the theme of this thread! But, I'm in the daggiest clothes, trackies, oversized nightie, robe.. but comfy as and warm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    hahaha.. gosh you should see me right now, lol.. I should post a pic but I'm almost full term so wouldn't be going with the theme of this thread! But, I'm in the daggiest clothes, trackies, oversized nightie, robe.. but comfy as and warm
    Well you should see *me*. I'm wearing thermal underwear, flannelette pyjamas, explorer socks and a hand knitted woollen cardigan so that I don't freeze when DD wakes to feed. Yep, I'm one hot mumma here! Lol. Oh well, at least I'm warm!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (02-07-2012),~Marigold~  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Well you should see *me*. I'm wearing thermal underwear, flannelette pyjamas, explorer socks and a hand knitted woollen cardigan so that I don't freeze when DD wakes to feed. Yep, I'm one hot mumma here! Lol. Oh well, at least I'm warm!
    sounds cosy!
    My trackies have pink bleach stains on them as well and a hole on the seam of the bum! I'm a perfect mess