+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry didn't mean to post twice! Thanks milktini - you're an inspiration!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Any exercise suggestions for someone who can barely walk, definately not run?
    a brief slow walk makes me have a bad asthma attack.
    Pilates

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahly For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes pilates! My back is seriously stuffed since I had an accident at 21. It was already pretty bad before then as I grew way too fast, but the accident really made it a big mess.
    I used to do ballroom dancing before DS. It was just enough for me to exercise without being cripple for the rest of the week. Yet I would not recommend this for you as it can really make you tired and breathless when you go to the advanced classes.
    Pilates, on the other hand, is fabulous for people with respiratory problems and other physical problems.
    I did pilates for a few months last year and I felt so good when I was doing it. Unfortunately I got sick and had to stop, but as I am getting stronger each and every day, I am thinking of starting up again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    A big hi-5 to the women with the balls to post belly shots.
    - And a double hi-5 for Nemmi posting with scars and all.

Regarding the criticisms of various 'good sorts' pictures. Below are my thoughts on why the criticisms exist.

1. women who look good, know it and are proud of their hard work. Some are uncomfortable for 2 reasons:
    A) it's just not part of Australian culture to toot your own horn. Labels are commonly given to tooters such as 'up yourself' and 'show off'.
    B) jelousy: some women don't look good. They still have the flab and scars and may be unhappy. They may not want to see people 'bragging' about succeeding at something they have failed at.

2) women who are good sorts (above average) and complain about being a size 12/complain about not having a 6 pack anymore). This may make women who are unhappy with their flabby wobbly bits feel bad. If you look good and complain, does that mean the flabby ones are doubly bad/ugly?
    - this is not a new phenomenon. Recently on BH women get criticized for complaining about money if they are not on centrelink ("what, you aren't as bad off as others, you have nothing to complain about.").

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (03-07-2012),Bennos Mummy  (03-07-2012),jagamoe  (03-07-2012),MummaOJ  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Recently on BH women get criticized for complaining about money if they are not on centrelink ("what, you aren't as bad off as others, you have nothing to complain about.").
    Yes I am rich because I have a mortgage lol. Nevermind I am paying it off while being on a Centerlink pension (after I got the mortgage) and don't get rent assistance and also have a special needs child who I pay everything for out of my own pocket because he doesn't fit in Centerlinks square boxes, so I don't get carers allowance.
    Yes, I am rich alright

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now i havent read/seen everything in this thread but id just like to say.

Some women would KILL to have a saggy, stretch mark scarred belly. Lets remember people, some women want this belly and cant have it.

To clarify im not one of these women but the only thing i could think about reading all these catty remarks was...'really? Some women would KILL for these bellys...stretch marks, scars and all'.
    Last edited by jennibear; 03-07-2012 at 18:31. Reason: spelling

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (03-07-2012),VicPark  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point Jennibear

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow, some really unpleasant comments in this thread which is a shame

I'm not going to post my belly in case it doesn't fit the "criteria" However, I will say that i'm so proud of my amazing body...it bore and breastfed two beautiful children. I have bodily hangups which people think are stupid, but I won't allow others to dictate how I should feel about myself, regardless of how it looks. That's up to me - no-one else.

Everyone's photos in this thread so far are beautiful - you are all amazing Mummies

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (04-07-2012),Boobycino  (04-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (03-07-2012),Guest1234  (03-07-2012),saxonrose  (03-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (03-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to have a bigger tummy myself. I hate that my ribs show like I haven't eaten for weeks. I didn't get this skinny by working out at the gym or exercising in any other way. My skinny body is out of my hands :\
    I know a close friend of mine would die to have a stretchmark covered tummy. She can't have kids

I was going to make a photo of the scars on my tummy that did not show on my first photo because I deliberately left them out and also wanted to make a photo of the scar on my right shin that I got after I fell off my scooter in Europe and got my leg squashed underneath. I had a big splinter of my shin bone sticking out off my skin. It's a 10cm red crater. Not at all the perfect body I dream of having. Yet I decided not to make the photos as no matter what I and others will say, it will not make anyone feel any better about their appearance. People see what they want to see and ignore the things they do not want to know and see.

Maybe we should start a "show us your scars" thread
    Last edited by Misschief; 03-07-2012 at 20:13.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibear View Post
    Now i havent read/seen everything in this thread but id just like to say.

Some women would KILL to have a saggy, stretch mark scarred belly. Lets remember people, some women want this belly and cant have it.

To clarify im not one of these women but the only thing i could think about reading all these catty remarks was...'really? Some women would KILL for these bellys...stretch marks, scars and all'.
    I'm sure they wouldn't kill for a stretch marked belly. Surely they would kill for a baby??. But it doesn't make others feelings about their own bodies any less valid. My issue with my mummy tummy is nobody else's but mine. I don't regret having my boys, I love them to bits. But it doesn't mean that I don't want to cry every time I see my stomach.

I won't even date a guy until I have had my tummy tuck in case it may one day lead to him seeing my tummy. I am embarrassed of it, of the sagging skin, the stretch marks and the bump that happens in my clothing because I have been stripped of my self confidence in my body because of my ex.

Please don't simplify or belittle people's feelings about their own bodies. It's not said in spite of those who can't conceive. It just a personal feeling about themselves. I'm a little saddened that I was reluctant to post in a thread like this and then because I'm not wearing a badge of pride I should feel bad about it.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (04-07-2012),MrJones&Me  (03-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (03-07-2012)