+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha ... I'm still cringing at posting my belly pic. There's no way these puppies are seeing the forum!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (02-07-2012),jagamoe  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post

I have been so very lucky to have the best OB in town, willing to do my c/s as he usually doesn't work with public patients. He only wanted to help me because he was intrigued by this rare pregnancy related illness I had, that he didn't get to see that often :\
    Anyway, the scar is still visible after 2,5 years, but not too bad. No stitches were used on the outside. Only steri-strips.
    Saying this, I still will always be very aware of the scar being there as it still gets sensitive and itchy on warm days. It took me a year of pep talks to finally accept my scar as being ok. And yes, without the scar, DS wouldn't be here right now.

yeah mine was still like that at 2.5 years. it seems to have only settled down after pregnancy with katelyn. at 1 year it still prickled in the shower. though whenever the middies saw my scar they kept telling me how nice and neat it is, how well healed it looks, how well it was done so maybe that helps being told maybe half dozen different people how nice my scar looks. lol. its also gone flat since having katelyn. I think mine ****ed me off because it may not have been necessary had the hospital staff been half-way competent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    For those who are jealous and/or angry, do you know what other scars (physical and/or mental) these ladies might have? Just because their tummies seem to be slim and/or stretchie free, doesn't mean they don't have scars on other body parts.
    Also, some people don't want to be skinny, but don't have a choice.

yep, I'll put my hand up as one that has other scars. Beside the csec scar I have a huge scar on the back of my head - it takes up pretty much the whole lower right hand quarter of the back of my head. Hair can't grow on it. With my hair down it's fairly hidden but not getting to wear my hair up in public (unless I want to be constantly stared at) sucks!!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    No wonder women are so critical of how they look. If you are actually happy with your post baby body, even though the individual woman might have had to learn to accept her new body before being confident and comfortable in her own skin she gets shot down by people for posting pics in a 'show me your tummy after you've had kids' thread. It doesn't say show me your red firey stretchmarks and overhang.
    I don't know, it doesn't say "Show me your perfect, stretch mark free, tight ab bellies". It just says "Show me your tummy after you've had kids". I took that as celebrating ALL tummies. Not just the perfect looking ones. And even some people who have bellies that are more perfect than I had as a five year old have admitted they feel bad about how they look.

I think the point is to celebrate ALL tummies, because no matter how they look they've all done something amazing

I can't post my tummy. Even at about 6kg lighter than I am now when I was the happiest I've ever been with my body, I still felt like crying when I saw my 'baby apron' in the mirror. I wish I had the confidence to love it for what it is but I don't think I ever will. I'm so jealous of women that can love their body just for what it looks like and seeing people that don't have magazine perfect bodies in here makes me feel a lot better. I'm NORMAL!

So thankyou to all the ladies that have been brave enough to post their pictures. Maybe I will be too one day
    Last edited by Eko; 02-07-2012 at 16:39.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    Maybe we need a "show me your boobs after kids" spinoff??
    I'd be in too, but I'm still full of milk too so love then right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    My post baby body is better, healthier and more toned than my pre baby body. I haven't done anything particular to get it though.... Maybe the difference was picking up, running after a baby and toddler every day. I was only a size 8 pre baby though.

My boobs have gone from a DD to a C but I'm happy with that. My pre baby boobs gave me unwanted attention and were a pain when clothes shopping haha

The first pic is when DS was 9mths old the second is me as of 5 mins ago

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (02-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (02-07-2012),Littlemissmetal  (02-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any way to get rid of overhang? Like do sit ups and ab exercises work? I have major overhang after only one bubba (he was over 9 pounds if that makes any difference lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec2686 View Post
    Is there any way to get rid of overhang? Like do sit ups and ab exercises work? I have major overhang after only one bubba (he was over 9 pounds if that makes any difference lol)
    HOw old is bubba? Situps don't really do anything! Lots of cardio and resistance traning is your best bet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    HOw old is bubba? Situps don't really do anything! Lots of cardio and resistance traning is your best bet
    Sit ups will strengthen the abs but to burn excess fat you nees tl get the heartrate up. At first you'll just be burning off the glucose store so you need to keep the heartrate up for 30 minutes + to start burning fat. Afterwards a protein shake that's low in carbs will keep you feeling full and help the muscles repair themselves.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamoe View Post
    Lol my DO just said the same thing I'll post I have no shame lol
    I'd be brave enough to post if I wasn't the only one lol! Buuut I think it probably breaches forum rules. Dammit!!!!
    Last edited by ~ElectricPink~; 02-07-2012 at 17:38.