+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to point out that we all need to remember what we looked like pre babies I have always been a big girl so im not going to be a size 6 I just assumed the ladies at the top looked great pre babies aswell as after losing the post baby weight

2. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I would post a picture of myself, but I know that my ultra sexy cow print all-in-one pajamas and my decadent mismatched men's slippers would send you all into a fit of rage and jealousy.

I cannot be responsible for all of you weeping into your morning cereal and bemoaning the fact that you can't have the same level of style and fashionable beauty that ToughLove has.
    LMAO! Classic! At 2pm in the afternoon I just finished vacuum cleaning, mopping and washing the car in my most favourite (7 year old)size 16 trackies and matching jumper. Im a size 10 right now, so I have to pull the pullstrings tight, but they're just too comfy to part with no matter how much I look like a bag of potatoes in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koberose View Post
    A bit off topic but ATM 36 weeks along with first I'm covered in stretch marks, when will they start to fade? And after bubs born does your stomach just kinda deflate? Lol I sound so dumb right now but I have no idea IV only gained a bump really not extra weight but lots of dark red stretch marks, what should I expect after bubs born?
    So jealous of these amazing body's! You all look beautiful
    Lots of Bio oil and vitamin E cream. I rubbed this on my tummy throughout the pregnancy and have no stretch marks, only on my thighs. I don't know if it was the cream that helped or for the fact I never got to go to (full)term.
    But I was told to treat after birth stretchies with the same creams. Bio oil and vitamin E cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    that's how I try to think of my csection scar. It's not a scar where I was damaged, it was for a purpose, its the scar where my baby was born from, its his birth place, I'm grateful for my scar. (but its taken 3.5 years and a vbac to be okay with it)
    I have been so very lucky to have the best OB in town, willing to do my c/s as he usually doesn't work with public patients. He only wanted to help me because he was intrigued by this rare pregnancy related illness I had, that he didn't get to see that often :\
    Anyway, the scar is still visible after 2,5 years, but not too bad. No stitches were used on the outside. Only steri-strips.
    Saying this, I still will always be very aware of the scar being there as it still gets sensitive and itchy on warm days. It took me a year of pep talks to finally accept my scar as being ok. And yes, without the scar, DS wouldn't be here right now.

For those who are jealous and/or angry, do you know what other scars (physical and/or mental) these ladies might have? Just because their tummies seem to be slim and/or stretchie free, doesn't mean they don't have scars on other body parts.
    Also, some people don't want to be skinny, but don't have a choice.

My tummy still hangs over a bit when wearing jeans. My tummy might not have a lot of stretchies, but it has scars on it from past surgeries and the c/s.
    The last keyhole surgery I had, was on Valentines day this year. My belly button does really look sh!te and I will never wear a bikini again because my thighs are covered in stretchies, spider vains and bruises.
    So yes, I feel comfortable about my body when fully clothed in winter. Yet feel very very uncomfortable in summer time when having to wear shorts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    I just wanted to point out that we all need to remember what we looked like pre babies I have always been a big girl so im not going to be a size 6 I just assumed the ladies at the top looked great pre babies aswell as after losing the post baby weight
    I was a size 12/14 pre baby. Definitely not my slimmest and best look ever. I also happen to be flat chested thanks to my weightloss
    I have a cup A/AA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pre baby I was a size 10 and now a 14 so definitely a big change. Im proud of my body being able to make my son but still wish it showed having been pregnant a little less.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok... something that has been playing on my mind in regards to post baby bodies...

Unlike others, I *refuse* to accept my body the way it is, I think of it as disfigured. I have stretchmarks in areas that (unless technology greatly advances) will NEVER be treated or NEVER go away (calves, back etc)

My tummy will get tucked once I am finished having kids, but until then I refuse to acknowledge that I am stuck like this for the rest of my life. Why? I would probably starve myself or do more harm.

I am not looking for pity, I just think people need to know that not everyone accepts their post baby body, and its not to do with jealousy either.

If you accept your body, good on you, honestly I wish I could even come close to being in that frame of mind.

But for now I will avoid mirrors, eat right & work my *** off to lose the extra flab I have, until kids are finished brewing, then I will opt for surgery.

So please, don't tell me to accept me, don't tell me to suck it up and don't tell me it's a miracle, I get it.

ETA: This has nothing to do with anyone else & how they feel about their bodies, just me & my feelings towards my body.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

delirium  (02-07-2012),Gothel  (03-07-2012),Purple Lily  (02-07-2012),VicPark  (02-07-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Greenhorn.

People aren't saying accept your own body, just saying that if someone is proud of their body, no matter what it looks like, they shouldn't be told they're just bragging or trying to make others feel bad.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (02-07-2012),jagamoe  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm proud of my body but not because of how it looks. I can do 100 push ups (on toes, not knees), then 50 sit ups and then run 8kms. I work hard and am very fit and along the way my body has changed as I have gotten stronger.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    For those who are jealous and/or angry, do you know what other scars (physical and/or mental) these ladies might have?
    Yeah my legs are a totally different story and far from picture perfect. I have a long scar down my thigh, the length of my leg, then another one on my hip that's 30cm long. Then both my thighs are covered in tiny tiny scars because of a bad habit I have of picking any little bump on my skin. Same as my upper arms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so we have talked about and some have showed our bellies but what about our breasts. Have yours changed from having kids? My friend was devastated that she lost her's after having 1 baby and said she had lost the fullness and dropped a bra size, she wasn't overly big to start with so she wasn't happy about the change. So I was quite worried about the effect on mine from babies, I am a nice 12d, perfect hanging, perfect shape. But I am happy to report they are still like that after 2 babies, they haven't lost their size, they haven't lost their fullness and no stretchmarks there either thank goodness

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Amira  (02-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Greenhorn.

People aren't saying accept your own body, just saying that if someone is proud of their body, no matter what it looks like, they shouldn't be told they're just bragging or trying to make others feel bad.
    Well said