+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundleoflove View Post
    Hmm...considering petrol jumped over 15 cents a litre today cos of the new carbon tax I'd say it's gunna overall cost more than $10 a week per average family!
    I paid $1.30/L for ordinary unleaded fuel in Brisbane yesterday. if it is 15c more expensive today, then that is approximately a 13% price jump.

How do you know that increase is not attributable to the ordinary fuel price cycle or an increase in fuel costs?

If the petrol station is attributing it to carbon tax, then you should report them to the ACCC, as petrol itself is exempt from the carbon tax, but there could be some small rise as the electricity expenses of everybody will rise, including petrol stations, but I don't think that rise would be 13%.

eta: i just looked up the price of fuel in the same area I bought it yesterday and it only appears to be about 5 or 6c/L higher, which could easily be attributed to the normal cycles.

http://www.cleanenergyfuture.gov.au/transport-fuels/

http://theconversation.edu.au/when-the-price-isnt-right-accc-sets-sights-on-price-gougers-in-wake-of-carbon-tax-7913

Last edited by MsMummy; 02-07-2012 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No we get no benefits either apart from the CCR, if they ever cut that out we would most definately be screwed. Our daycare fees have gone up $21 a day
    I will be glad to only have the one in daycare next year that's for sure. Not to mention the PHI rebate being scaled back to. DH and I earned a combined income of $110,000 this financial year but dh was in the high tax bracket so he paid nearly 40% of his wage in tax so effectively our take home pays were so much less. Hopefully we will get a healthy tax return. We would have earned alot more but with me having had time off having ds2 and DH was not working for a few months of this financial year. If we both work a full year this new financial year I shouldn't have to whinge but it's just that everything is going up at once right now and it seems the harder you work and the more you try to earn the more penalised you are! We also live in a town where it's expensive to live to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been paying 159.9 for petrol for many weeks now, it dropped a bit, but has yet to go back up.

As for gov. supps, we get nothing. But then, we're lucky enough that DH earns good money, it looks much better on paper than what he actually gets though, but even then, I wouldn't expect, or want, the gov. suppa, they are for people who can barely afford rent and food, not for people like us who while struggle, still get by.

Also, I urge people to do their research about the carbon tax, it reallt isn't going to affect the average person as much as some would have you believe, it IS targeted at big businesses, not the little people.

*I can haz typos*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I paid $1.30/L for ordinary unleaded fuel in Brisbane yesterday. if it is 15c more expensive today, then that is approximately a 13% price jump.

How do you know that increase is not attributable to the ordinary fuel price cycle or an increase in fuel costs?

If the petrol station is attributing it to carbon tax, then you should report them to the ACCC, as petrol itself is exempt from the carbon tax, but there could be some small rise as the electricity expenses of everybody will rise, including petrol stations, but I don't think that rise would be 13%.

http://www.cleanenergyfuture.gov.au/transport-fuels/

http://theconversation.edu.au/when-t...arbon-tax-7913
    We pay $1.87 for fuel where we live!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry, I just noticed what section this is in, I'm not a working parent, my apologies

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    This!! So sick of the fact that we worked our butts off to get good educations, that we are still paying for, earn good money and barely get to keep any of it and are never entitled to any cuts or assistance. I agree that there are people in this country that genuinely need assistance, but I am a bit sick of having to pay for people who just dont want to work. Rant over!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    We pay $1.87 for fuel where we live!!!!
    I understand it varies throughout Australia due to remoteness and varying state rebates, but my reason for giving the price was to calculate an increase, which a PP was (incorrectly) attributing to the carbon tax.

You're not paying $1.87 due to carbon tax.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (03-07-2012),Lillynix  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Sorry, I just noticed what section this is in, I'm not a working parent, my apologies

*I can haz typos*
    Just because you're not a working parent doesn't mean you can't have say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I understand it varies throughout Australia due to remoteness and varying state rebates, but my reason for giving the price was to calculate an increase, which a PP was (incorrectly) attributing to the carbon tax.

You're not paying $1.87 due to carbon tax.
    I realise that but that's the price we pay regardless

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, petrol usually goes up 5-10 cents at high time but so far looking round at most petrol stations it's gone up a minimum 15-16 cents, some places more.
    And everything will go up, cos even though it only affects large companies they do everything for us, so whether it be the transport companies moving your groceries or the electricity companies everything will go up no matter what the government says!