+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I would love to say what I am really feeling about it all. But I am sure I will be told to just suck it up as on paper our income looks pretty.
    Me too. Not happy about private health situation either. In exactly the same boat as you.. Not saying more than I have to, but I was just curious to know how many other people are as worried as I am.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And what about those earning over 80k? Just because people earn that much, doesn't mean we see more of it. For the record, I don't spend frivolously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

All smiles  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzabee View Post
    Me too. Not happy about private health situation either. In exactly the same boat as you.. Not saying more than I have to, but I was just curious to know how many other people are as worried as I am.
    You are not the only one who is worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, good to know we are in the same boat as others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And what about those earning over 80k? Just because people earn that much, doesn't mean we see more of it. For the record, I don't spend frivolously.
    This!! So sick of the fact that we worked our butts off to get good educations, that we are still paying for, earn good money and barely get to keep any of it and are never entitled to any cuts or assistance. I agree that there are people in this country that genuinely need assistance, but I am a bit sick of having to pay for people who just dont want to work. Rant over!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

All smiles  (01-07-2012),Blessedwith3boys  (02-07-2012),Bunny Lover  (01-07-2012),tormyxxx  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I had a choice of whether I could work or not. Id do anything an go without whatever I could in order to do so but still.. It's just not enough to get by. We are paying through the nose for everything, because we earn more. Logical.. Yes, I guess.. But don't jack the costs up of everything we pay for (on top of everything else)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If both you and your spouse earn over $80k each, then you're right, your costs attributable to carbon tax will be more than any benefit you would receive.

I assume that the government's rationale is that on that income, a modest raise in household expenses can be dealt with.

As to child care increases, I haven't experienced a large hike yet at my son's centre. I got a notice that the daily cost was increasing by $2 per day, which I assume is just CPI.

As to private versus public, it's tough for everybody at the moment. My employer has a wage freeze this year as billings have been down. My best friend in the public sector tells me they are freezing the increments in each level, but that CPI increases will continue, so the combination of an increment plus CPI increase was often 7% for her, but will be closer to 3% pa in the next few years, unless you actually move up a whole level, rather than an increment.

I'm not saying people can't complain, but there's a certain tone of "lucky people on benefits". I don't know about you, but I don't know anybody who is quitting their job to live on benefits to get an extra $200 or something from the government as carbon tax compensation. I am certainly not.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (01-07-2012),Artful  (01-07-2012),delirium  (01-07-2012),FearlessLeader  (01-07-2012),saxonrose  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    If both you and your spouse earn over $80k each, then you're right, your costs attributable to carbon tax will be more than any benefit you would receive.

I assume that the government's rationale is that on that income, a modest raise in household expenses can be dealt with.

As to child care increases, I haven't experienced a large hike yet at my son's centre. I got a notice that the daily cost was increasing by $2 per day, which I assume is just CPI.

As to private versus public, it's tough for everybody at the moment. My employer has a wage freeze this year as billings have been down. My best friend in the public sector tells me they are freezing the increments in each level, but that CPI increases will continue, so the combination of an increment plus CPI increase was often 7% for her, but will be closer to 3% pa in the next few years, unless you actually move up a whole level, rather than an increment.

I'm not saying people can't complain, but there's a certain tone of "lucky people on benefits". I don't know about you, but I don't know anybody who is quitting their job to live on benefits to get an extra $200 or something from the government as carbon tax compensation. I am certainly not.
    Oh, absolutely not. My partner doesn't earn above 80k, I'm the bread winner. I'm looking for something in private industry that will accommodate my need to care for my child better. While public servants do have good working conditions, in terms of leave entitlements etc, I find for example, when I go on leave, there is noone to manage my work load, I have to put in extra hours in the lead up to and after the return from holidays. I'd rather take leave and not have to worry what mess I'm walking into when i return.
    As for the other stuff, that's not what I was inferring. I am fortunate to have a well paying job and have worked extremely hard to get where I am. People who recieve income supplements are doing it tough, i acknowledge that. But so are "high" income earners. I just wonder if it's all worth it? I certainly wouldn't throw it in to recieve more assistance, but I'm saying if we were in a financial position to do so, I wouldn't think twice. I think no matter what someone earns, they should be entitled to the same assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our household earns over the $80k mark with 2 combined wages but I don't get a payrise every year. Actually I've only had 3 in the 8 years I've been with the company. They've also said the company can't afford one this financial year To make it extra clear I work for one of the biggest transport companies in the country and know for a fact they aren't hard off!!
    Kind of ****es me off with all these extra rises in petrol, utilities, food etc and now this carbon tax stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep we dont get anything its struggle town til tax time then we are good for 6 months. The other 6 we get by with a bit of credit and gifts from inlaws and parents!