+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hardly had any bleeding at all.

I bought 2 packs, and ended up using a couple of pads - and that was it. It was less than a normal period.

The left over pads DID come in handy though, as someone gave me the great tip of putting one across your CS scar, so that clothes don't press on it. I did that for a couple of weeks, even though it wasn't sore, just because it made it feel nice and cushioned.

I think everyone is different - there's no way of knowing, unfortunately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I used about a pack and a half in hospital after my c-section. Then another pack and a half once home. So 3 packs all up. Then switched to regular pads as bleeding was a lot lighter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bearly bleed....only for 1 day in hostpital, then it stopped for 2 weeks before being a slightly heavy period kinda thing, went for around 10 days.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm sounds like it's totally different for everyone. I might get 2-3 packs of maternity pads & a few packs of normal pads. I guess I can always use the normal ones if I have too many & i can also use the maternity ones up against the c-sect incision too (great tip about that thanks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a non elective csection two days ago and my 'bleeding' is now just like a really watery period. Have used a pack of maternity pads and feel confident enough to move onto regular ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had an emergency c-section and a PPH.
    Bled extremely heavily for two weeks, sometimes soaking the pad and running down my legs, when I would get out of bed.
    I also ended up with an infection which caused more bleeding.
    All in all it was about three weeks of maternity pads and three weeks of night time/normal pads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone- quick question about the 24 hours after a c section....
    If you don't normally get out of bed till the next day (after surgery), how much do u bleed?? I can only imagine getting up for the first time and having so much blood rush out...?? Tmi I know, but I need to prepare myself. I'm having a c section. Also, do u wear big pads during the surgery to catch all this when u do get up?

Hope someone can shed a light on this for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angenrod View Post
    Hi everyone- quick question about the 24 hours after a c section....
    If you don't normally get out of bed till the next day (after surgery), how much do u bleed?? I can only imagine getting up for the first time and having so much blood rush out...?? Tmi I know, but I need to prepare myself. I'm having a c section. Also, do u wear big pads during the surgery to catch all this when u do get up?

Hope someone can shed a light on this for me!
    In my first 24 hours the midwives changed my pad, they also check your bleeding in recovery, and then on hourly obs after you get out of bed your on your own with it, the nurses do ask about flow and stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    With my first I had a natural birth,this time im having a c-sec. can anyone tell me if the bleeding is worse with a c-sec?? After reading everyones posts I dont remember bleeding as much with my 1st.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a c section last Monday. I bled very lightly. The first 12 hours the midwives changed a pad if there was blood, which there wasn't a great deal, then after I had gotten out of bed, I bled moderately for only 1 day and then light for 2 days, then it went a brown color and is so minimal...