+ Reply to Thread
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default C-Sect plans, options?

I don't know much about c-sections and ideally I would like a natural birth. I have given natural birth a reasonable amount of thought but not soo much c-sect.

I would like to cover all my bases and be informed and comfortable about ALL birth posibilities.

So what sort of options, expereinces, requests are possible in c-sections?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of them are similar to those you may or may not request in a natural birth.

E.g., you can have the baby put straight on you for skin to skin contact, before it gets weighed/ checked over, etc.

Some places will let you BF straight away.

Some hospitals will let you have the baby with you when you go in to recovery, but others won't.

When I had DD, I went in to recovery for about 45 mins, and DD stayed with DH. At that time babies weren't allowed in recovery at my hospital. Buuut when I was in at the same hospital recently for IVF, and was in recovery (which is all one general recovery place), a mum had her baby in with her after a CS. So I'll definitely be asking about that if I have one again.

The anaesthetists and assistants are usually great at taking loads of photos if you want them to.

Make sure the hospital puts your catheter in AFTER the spinal block. Mine did, and I thought it was standard, but I've since read on here about a few people whose hospitals did it pre spinal block. Just a bit of discomfort that can be easily avoided!

Erm... sure there's more I'm forgetting...