Just need to write out everything thats going on at the moment as i think my partner is sick of hearing it lol
My daughter is 2 years 9 months and tomorrow we have her assessment with the child physcologist and also her assessment with the early intervention centre tomorrow to see if she has autism (we are 98% sure she does). Her daycare, doctor and also when ive been on the phone with the early intervention they agree that it is very very likely she has autism!!
We were meant to have her assessment with the early intervention 2 weeks ago but it got cancelled because the assessor was sick. When they rang to rebook it they wanted us to wait another 6 weeks for the assessment...
I chucked a bit of a wobbly and told them the reasons why we think she has autism and they rang back 10 mins later saying they could fit us in tomorrow
Then they rang back again and said that they had a talk about what i had told them and that the child phychologist was willing to fit us in on the same day while she was in town!!!
This made is all seem so much more real!! that they are pushing things along now they know my daughters symptoms!!
Now im sitting here a ball of nerves!!!
Ill write my list here and you can let me know what you think
* Does not respond to name
* Does not make eye contact (on good days she will with me or her father but only for very short periods of time)
* She is speech delayed. At 2 years 9 months only has a vocab of 100 words
* She cannot communicate across her needs, does not point to what she wants. She will occassionally bring me her bottle or food if she wants it.
* When she does talk it is mostly repeating after us. Or in gibberish
* Does not follow instructions 80% of the time
* Limited range of foods. Will not try new things
*Will lie on her brother to give him *cuddles*. will not hop off him despite him crying. Its like she does not recognise he is distressed.
* Prefers to play alone at daycare.
* Can get very very cranky and upset when you try to pack toys away or try to move her to another activity
* Loves to flick light switches on and off and watch the lights. Its like it calms her down
* Lines her books, flash cards, blocks in rows
* Loves loves loves puzzles. You can give her a new puzzle, she will tip out the pieces pick a piece up and know where it goes!!
Thats all i have written down for now!!
Feels so much better to write it down!!
Generally how long does it take to get a diagnosis??
By the way they are pushing it along i think we may get a diagnosis tomorrow
Ill let you know how we go!!