+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Engagement parties

Yep me again, going to be hearing alot from me on the engagment/wedding front now

My question is, how long after your engagement did you hold your engagement party? I'm just wondering whether I should hold off until after this baby is born to throw the party, but that's still a few months away, and then I another few months as I'll be super busy with a newborn, birthdays/christmas and by that stage will probably get pushed to next year. I was thinking of holding it around 1-2months from now, that's not to soon is it? Is there some kind of time frame they should be held within after announcing your engagement? (we are still yet to go completely public about it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think there is a specific time frame that you need to follow. We got engaged in march, had a small afternoon tea for family in may and then had a big party at night not until october. We then got married in march. We wanted to wait until the weather got nicer for the big party. Also it was nice thar everyone got to know each other at the party and then saw each other again at the wedding only a few months later.
    I think seeing as you are pregnant, I would wait until after your baby is born and then you can relax a little and maybe have a drink. People will love to see your little one too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree, don't think people would mind waiting until after your bub is born! You could double up an engagement/meet the baby party, then you can relax after bubs arrives without having visitors every other day.

Our engagement party was the first weekend of May after getting engaged at Christmas. At the time we were in the final stages of building our house which was providing more than its fair share of drama nobody questioned it and we had a wonderful stress free day

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had ours a month after getting engaged (6 months before getting married). It was simple for us because we weren't having a long engagement. When are you intending on getting married? I find it strange when people have an engagement party and don't get married until years later! I think it's appropriate to hold it once you have a rough idea when you'll be getting married, or have set a date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got engaged February 24th last year, had our engagement party May 7th and our son was born June 1st.

I think it was easier having the party before he was born rather than after. Mind you my partner and his sister did the majority of the organising. Once bubs is born you might be breast feeding so you can't really drink and I found after having the baby your more worried about making sure everything for them is sorted and everyone fusses over them. Where as when I was pregnant while I was tired and a whale in all my photos he was contained to my belly and I didn't have to worry about him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!! Our engagement party ended up being a year after our engagement. I was heavily pregnant with DS1 when DH popped the question and I did not want to have a party unless I could party! We just decided about 8 months after DS was born that we could do with a party so started planning it, that was 3 years ago now and we have only just gotten married. I don't think it really matters at all, hold off until baby is born so then you can enjoy your night with a few glasses of wine/beer etc with all of your friends. I got an engagement party invite in the mail the other day from friends whom have been engaged for over a year and their wedding is in march. I don't think it's weird to hold off on having it

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had ours about 2 months after our engagement. Got engaged at the end of April and had our party towards the end of June. I don't think people mind waiting to celebrate if that's what you would prefer to do. Congrats on your engagement!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got engaged 2 weeks ago & will have our engagement party in January. Bubs is due this week, and most of our family and friends live in QLD, so the place is to have the party in January and combine it with a meet-the-baby party. We are also having a HUGE engagement party (100 people!) on my parent's farm, as we are planning to have quite a small wedding. This is what is working for us, but may not work for you guys. I think waiting ages and ages to have an engagement party (like a year or more after getting engaged) is kind of silly - people want to congratulate us and can't wait for a party. The wedding probably won't be for a year or two, but at least we'll have had one party!! Good luck with your own party!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got engaged May 5th, had an engagement party for friends/family living here on the 26th of May, and had our official engagement party in Adelaide for DF's family & friends on June 19. We were getting married next April, but we are secretly bringing it forward... and keeping the april date as a reception/surprise to everyone that we are already married!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub