+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD goes to bed around 8-10pm and is up 8ish most days.
    We are night owls, after years of night shift

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD goes to bed around 8-10pm and is up 8ish most days.
    We are night owls, after years of night shift

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD goes to bed between 7 and 7:30pm and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1, almost 3yrs:
    7.30 /8pm- 6/630am

Ds2, 4m old: 8/8.30pm- 830am

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Mum is convinced that our time of birth makes a difference. I was born at 2.30am, and this is often my when I go to bed or later. My Mum was born late at night and is a night owl, too. My boy was born at 11.30pm, and that is often when I finally manage to get him to sleep![/QUOTE]

Interesting theory! My DD was born at 1pm so I'm not sure that one would work for us though!
    Well since my DD starts school in 2013 I am not really trying to train her out of it, more so train myself into it LOL. This morning she woke up at about 6a.m and went downstairs to play CRAZY TIMES! She usually comes into our bed anywhere from 4.30-6am (she hasn't had a daytime nap for about 2 years) and kicks me in the bowels all morning, she is too big for our double bed now and when DP works nights so he has to sleep in the other room.
    I told her before bed last night that when she wakes up she can turn the light on and read a book untill the sun comes up and then come and get me. Which she did this morning, AND she didn't wet her bed last night either
    I have no idea if it is genetic! I think maybe the amount of sleep could be (I need 9-10 hours a night) maybe not the time you start to feel naturally tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS goes to bed between 7-8 and can wake anywhere from 6-8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD's are 3 and go to bed 7:30-8pm and wake up between 6-7am. I'd personally love an hour or two more sleep lol.
    They don't have day naps either. Not genetic, I love my sleep and would nap everyday if I could! I also can't stay up late anymore either.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our 10 month old goes to bed at 7pm and wakes at 7am.

She always nods off before us but DP isn't too far behind her as he gets up early for work.

Lately DD is having night terrors and waking a few times a night and sometimes taking hours to get back to sleep so her shed is a bit out of whack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tend to agree with genetic sleeping patterns. DD 1 resembles her father as a child with the hard to fall asleep, quick to wake up, doesn't sleep anywhere and needs her specific routine each night. The last part annoys me as I like to mix it up a bit as I think it develops children and adults that cope better in new situations. My DH also can't handle nights out or change in routine very well. Both dont like to be woken up and ESP don't like to be woken before 6. Slackers!!!!

I'm hoping DD 2 is more like me. Sleep anywhere, anytime, thru any noise/ disturbance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its a combination of genetics and routine. In our household DD definitely takes after both DH and myself which is late to bed, late to rise - she has done this ever since she was a young baby.
    Currently she goes down around 9pm (we tried to get into an earlier routine but it just hasnt stuck) and wakes up anywhere from about 9am - 10:30am.