+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is almost 8 and since he was old enough to have 'a bedtime' he has gone to bed at 7:30pm and wakes up around 6am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 is a shocking sleeper. Takes her hours to fall asleep even when she is tired. I normally put her to bed at 7.30, and it's rare for her to be sleep before 10. Then she is usually up between 5-6am, plus numerous wakings most night. The only time she has been a good sleeper was when she was in daycare full time- she would sleep from 7pm right through until 9am and even then I would normally have to wake her.

DD2 has always been a good sleeper, even through teething. She will go to bed at 7.30, be asleep by 8 and sleep until between 7 and 9am, some time even as late as 10 or 11am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    dd is 16mths and has been going to bed for the night since 6mths at 7pm and waking up 8am or on weekends 9-9.30. Yes, she sleeps in on weekends because no alarms go off and its quiet.
    She is still having 2 x 2hr day sleeps. She loves her sleep.

I am not a morning person and never have been, im in bed my 9pm at the latest even on weekends. DD is a cranky pants in the mornings no matter how many hours sleep she has at night. She also gets major cranky if i wake her up for whatever reason during her day sleeps.
    DH is a bit of a night owl and would sleep the day away if i let him.
    So i guess dd has followed our vibes but im more thinking a set night routine that we dont mess with EVER was our trick for a brilliant sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There might be something genetic in it, and also alot about routines??? My whole adult life I have gone to bed at 8.30pm and get up early. My DS1 and DS2 are the same- since birth they have wanted to go to bed early- now they are 4 and 5 and go to bed at 6pm and wake up between 5.30am and 6.30am. All 4 of us are bright, cheerful and ready to go any time from 5.30am. DH and I still go to bed at 8.30pm every night. I am 34 weeks pregnant and this one goes wild in my tummy at 8.30pm every night, so maybe she will break the trend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leon goes to bed at 7pm on the dot n is up every day by 7am. On Fridays he's up till 10pm due to dance class. The only other late nights are when we go visit aunty Kirsty n we come home late by taxi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 6months and is usually in bed by 7.30pm and wakes anywhere from 7-7.30am onwards. It has taken a long time to have 7.30pm as her bedtime. It use to be 9-9.30pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 - 4 yrs old - no daytime sleep - 7.30pm-7.00am

DS2 - nearly 3 yrs - one hour sleep at midday - 6.30pm - 6.30am

DS3 - 2 yrs - 2 hours sleep at 11.00am - 5.30pm - 6.30am

Daddy would sleep all day and night if he could.
    Mummy - 11.00pm - 6.00am

They all love their sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 - 6 yrs old no nap during the day , goes to bed at 8PM and wakes around 7:00-7:30 sometimes later.

DD2 - 4 years no nap during the day her bed time is also 8PM but more than likely is asleep by 7:30

Ds1- 18 months old - has a 1.5 hour nap durin the day and goes to be about 9PM been tryin to get him to have a earlier nap!

DD3 - 4 months goes to bed at about 5:30-6 and wakes at 6:30 - 7

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub is a total night owl...just like me! Not sure if it's genetic, but he models his behaviour on ours. Apparently the tme you wake up sets the time you go to sleep, circadian rhythm wise. He gets up about 9, and goes to bed between 9thirty and 11pm *sigh*. This will be rectified before he starts school...he's 1yo at the mo. It's got worse lately as he has 5 teeth coming through, and is standing now, so that's all he wants to do, and between that and the teeth, just won't sleep easily.

My Mum is convinced that our time of birth makes a difference. I was born at 2.30am, and this is often my when I go to bed or later. My Mum was born late at night and is a night owl, too. My boy was born at 11.30pm, and that is often when I finally manage to get him to sleep!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD goes to bed around 8-10pm and is up 8ish most days.
    We are night owls, after years of night shift