Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS1 (7yo) - 6.30pm sleep....wakes 6am
    DS2 (5yo) - 6.30pm sleep....wakes 6am
    DD (7mo) - 5.30pm sleep....wakes for the day at about 5.30 - 6am

Me.....always been an early riser.

DP....always beeen a late riser. He still struggles with teh early mornings!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 20 months and sleeps 8pm until 8am every night. If he has a late night he might sleep until 830am.
    I feel for all the early risers, anything before 7am and i would not be a happy mummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Generally goes to bed between 6 & 6:30pm each night. Sometimes between 5:30 & 6pm if he begs for it.

He gets up anytime between 5am and 6:30am.

Took a very long time to get into into a bedtime routine but it works for us and thats all that matters. Once he is in bed, he is usually asleep within 5minutes but there are the odd night he plays up and calls out constantly.

I dont think we were similar growing up with our sleep patterns.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    Last edited by Myztiks#1Fan; 01-07-2012 at 10:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD is 2 and goes to bed around 5pm and wakes up around 6am (we usually wake her if she's not awake then).

DH is a big sleeper and I like to go to bed early. My mum said that both me and my sister had similar sleep patterns as babies / toddlers.

So DD eats dinner before us, at 4.30pm, and we have dinner later. I'm sure as she gets older we'll all eat dinner together, but at the moment she's half asleep by then.

She's had that same sleep pattern from about 4 weeks old until now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3.5yr DS goes to bed 7:30/8pm and can wake between 6:15 & 7:30am. If he goes to bed later he'll usually wake half hour or hour later than normal.
    If he ever has a day nap he won't be asleep until 9:30/10pm and wakes about 6/6:30am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS 15 months sleeps from 5pm - 8am
    , I was exactly the same up until I started school I really struggled getting used to less sleep and still need at least 10hours over night. Thank god he take after me and not his dad whose a night owl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJRain-crew View Post
    I have watched a few Doco's over the years and have heard a few times that sleeping patterns are supposed to be genetic... In my case I have to disagree.

My Mum said that she could never get me to sleep untill about 9pm, unlike my 3 older sisters who would sleep much earlier (they thought it was totally unfair that the baby of the family went to bed later than them). I used to wake up at about 8-9am.

My DD has always been an early riser, she is 4 now and wakes up before the sun at about 4.30-6 am in the morning, her bedtime is 7.30pm.

My friends two kids go to bed at 7.30-8.30pm and wake up at 9-10am, she has always slept in as well.

Stories?
    I don't agree that sleep could be to do with genetics.

I think personally that early habits and persistance is what is really required for a good sleeper. Our ds1 has been going to bed between 7-7.30pm since he transitioned into his big bed at 2yrs old. He has always had a good consitant bedtime routine and once he is tucked into bed if he used to come out he would be put straight back. Same if he ever got up through the night, he's directed staright back to bed. He soon learnt and now happily goes off to bed without fuss and he is the best sleeper ever. He wakes at 6am. We intend to follow the same with ds2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My daughter goes to bed at 7.30 and will probably rise about 7am. She's almost 7.

When she was a little one, I'd put her to bed at about 9.30pm and she'd wake at about 9.30am. This was done on purpose as her father worked as a chef, and it meant I could still see him when he got home from work without being a haggard mess in the morning. She never rose with the sun or anything, she got a certain amount of sleep overnight regardless. As it turned out, she wanted 12 hours, but it didn't matter whether that started at 7.30pm or 10.30 pm... she would sleep for 12 regardless (unless she was unwell of course).

I have no idea what I was like in regards to hours, but my mother always said I was an easy baby... easy to get to sleep, not fussy about where or when I slept, etc. DD was the same.

Some things they say are genetic absolutely aren't in my case though - they say you should look to your mother regarding puberty, for example... but my mother didn't get her period until she was 16, and I got mine at 11, after getting hair at only 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Everyone says 20 month old DS is like me, stays up late and sleeps in! Since about 6 months he goes to bed at 9-9.30pm and wakes between 8.30-9.am ( he still has a 2 hour nap from 2-4pm)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My kids and my sister's kids take after us very much so in that regard.

I'm more of a night owl, like to stay up later and find it hard to get up early. My kids are a bit the same. DS (5yo) goes to bed around 9-9:30, sleeps until 8:00, even later on weekends. DD (9 months) goes to sleep at about 8pm and wakes up at 8am.

My sister was always early to bed and early to rise as a kid, napped during the day until age 4. Her DS is like that too (he's 2.5), he gets up at 6am regularly, and still naps, whereas my kids almost never get up before 7am and DS dropped his day sleeps by 27 months.

So yeah, in our family it's very true that genetics seems to play a big part.

Another thing that our kids do that is just like us is that my sister is a tummy sleeper, I'm a back/side sleeper. Her DS sleeps on his tummy whereas my kids sleep on their backs too and hate sleeping on their tummies.