+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What time do your kids go to sleep and wake up? Is it genetic? WDYT?

I have watched a few Doco's over the years and have heard a few times that sleeping patterns are supposed to be genetic... In my case I have to disagree.

My Mum said that she could never get me to sleep untill about 9pm, unlike my 3 older sisters who would sleep much earlier (they thought it was totally unfair that the baby of the family went to bed later than them). I used to wake up at about 8-9am.

My DD has always been an early riser, she is 4 now and wakes up before the sun at about 4.30-6 am in the morning, her bedtime is 7.30pm.

My friends two kids go to bed at 7.30-8.30pm and wake up at 9-10am, she has always slept in as well.

Stories?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2YO goes to bed at 7 ish and is always up round 6, he has had a late night here and there the latest being 11 I think and he was still up at 6

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two go to bed at 8pm - I cannot get my head around some kids going to bed at 6pm, we don't eat tea until at least then!

DS1 wakes up about 645-7am
    DS2 wakes up anywhere from 7-8am, generally between 730-745am

I remember waking up earlier than my parents (but not ridiculous early like 4-5am more around 6-630am ) and getting up and watching TV or playing with toys so I'd say DS1 is more like me

DS2 can stall at times with getting to sleep but he just reads a book for 10-15 mins then is asleep where as DS1 is asleep pretty much as soon as his head hits the pillow - he has been known to excuse himself to bed when we have visitors, when he's ready to sleep he's just ready!

I have huge sympathies for parents who's kids wake up 4-6am - I think I would be a very cranky parent if I was getting up that early everyday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    6pm - 7.30 am, he is 25 months.
    He has only.just got a decent routine in place since he turned 2.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    both the girls go to bed at 7.30 and wake at 7'30, roughly. The genetic bit for us is, dd1 takes ages to drop of or wake up (just like me) and dd2 drops off and wakes up like a light switch, just like dh

Thanks
    Reviews
    5am without fail for both my littlies.

They are in bed before 6.30pm every night, they are absolute basket cases if I keep them up later than that.

Btw I hate 5am starts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bed at 7, rise at 7.

Not sure what I was like as a kid but DS can (literally) sleep through an earthquake just like mummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is in bed at 7 and up about 6.30. Just like me though she wakes easily and gets up and down a few times a night. She is 2 and 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My eldest is a late night boy just like his daddy, his 7 and goes to bed at around 7.30 gets to watch tv til 8.30 no later but can take up til 10 for him to drift off. Ds2 who is 4 will go to sleep at 6.30 if I let him and drop off very fast just like me but his bed time is generally 7 pm as he shares a room with ds3 who is 13months and he goes to sleep at 6.30. They all wake at the same time between6.30-7.30 ds1 sometimes sleeps longer. And no matter what time they go to sleep they still wake the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is 1 years old and goes to bed at 7 and wakes up around 8am.