+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Madelyn Lee sounds fine on its own, but Madelyn Chanel Lee is also nice... Chanel is only two syllables so not too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I agree Madelyn Lee sounds fine one it's own - I don't get how it's 'boring' as how often do you say/know people's middle names?!

Madelyn having 3 syllables means a shorter middle name works fine!
    I agree, with Madelyn being 3 syllables then I think a shorter mn is better.

My DH has 2 mn and despises it. Everyone is different of course, but for those that say the paperwork is 'trivial' then they obviously don't have to deal with it regularly! DH travels every month and hates having to explain why his full name isn't matching on paperwork each & every time. No one goes by their mn so he believes it's an annoying & pointless thing so didn't give our DS 2 (broke family tradition!).

Having said that, if it's a family tradition you feel strongly about then go for it I just wouldn't go 2 mn just for the sake of it IMO.
    Last edited by Pesca77; 01-07-2012 at 09:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I agree, with Madelyn being 3 syllables then I think a shorter mn is better.

My DH has 2 mn and despises it. Everyone is different of course, but for those that say the paperwork is 'trivial' then they obviously don't have to deal with it regularly! DH travels every month and hates having to explain why his full name isn't matching on paperwork each & every time. No one goes by their mn so he believes it's an annoying & pointless thing so didn't give our DS 2 (broke family tradition!).

Having said that, if it's a family tradition you feel strongly about then go for it I just wouldn't go 2 mn just for the sake of it IMO.
    I deal with it often as my husband and both children have 2 middle names

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    I deal with it often as my husband and both children have 2 middle names
    So you have to complete paperwork without enough spaces regularly and still don't mind? Crikey, you have more patience than my DH and his brothers then - they all hate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your opinions and suggestions.
    I will show DH this thread tonight and see what he thinks.

I suppose I never use my middle name and neither dose DH so it shouldn't be a big deal... We don't ever use DS middle name just his first so I guess for the sake of her name being easy to write and documents Lee would be better... I will see what DH thinks