+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    no more than an hour a day, unless dh and i are both deathly ill and theres noone to watch DD.
    usually we watch 30mins of playschool and thats it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our tv is on abc kids from whenever dd1 wakes up (generally around 6am) until 6pm, then it's grown up tv time while the kids have dinner and a bath and get ready for bed. Tv doesn't get turned off until we go to bed so anywhere upto 3am depending on the night.

Having said all that, the kids aren't watching it that whole time. They have their favorite shows they watch then the rest of the time they are running around playing and it's just background noise.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My tv is on all day , it's never ever turned off when we are home .

However just because it's on all day it doesn't mean the kids watch it all day !!

We are out all morning from wake time till midday when they come home to have their naps, so they'll watch it in the morning during breakfast and tidy up before we go out and bits here and there in the arvo and evening amid playing .

I really am not fussed at all with them watching tv , I try to make sure each day consists of a variety of things , going out , playing with toys , books and puzzles etc , tv is just another snippet in their the day .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (30-06-2012),Purple Lily  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hardly ever.
    Maybe 2 weekday arvos for about an hour. Then on the weekend, 1-2 hours each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    It used to be just sesame st and maybe playschool, sometimes a movie, but lately I've been letting him have it on heaps whether he's watching it or background noise.
    I've been so off with morning sickness and tiredness and I feel bad but honestly I couldn't cope without that extra rest. He knows how to turn it on and knows that 22 is ABC and the only channel he watches so he will go out in the morning and put it on until I can get up to make breakfast. I usually keep some dry cereal in a container so I know he's not going hungry and he can take himself to the toilet but yes I let my 2.5 yr old watch a lot of tv.
    It won't be forever and I don't think it will do him any harm for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put it on in the mornings to eat breakfast etc and at night time before bed. More often than not it's still on in between these times but the volume is low and we aren't in the front room where the TV is, he has a play area in the back lounge room and a reading corner in his bedroom where he spends most of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have ours on all day.

When dd wakes in the morning we watch some ABC2 until she is "Awake" as she can get very grumpy and clingy in the mornings (same after her mid day nap)

We don't really "Watch it" it just plays in the background whilst we do other things..

I don't like silence, the TV is somewhat my "White Noise"
    Total waste of power

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little in the morning, then at night when I'm cooking dinner.
    On rainy/sick/lazy days it's on a lot more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    At the risk of being deemed a bad mother (a comment which would roll off my back if said) I admit that tv is on all the time in our house when we are at home.
    Same. My kids go to DC 3 days and we are out and about a fair bit the other 2 weekdays and at least 1 day in the weekend.
    I really couldn't care what anyone else thinks about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abckids goes on after the kids finish breakfast and I have a quick shower and get dressed before taking dd1 to school. After school run dd2 watches Play School while I tidy up breakfast mess. She may watch a bit of Dora on the little portable DVD player while I get our lunch ready. Then after bringing dd1 home from school they watch hi 5 and that's the last kid orientated tv they watch for the day. I try to get them outside for most of the afternoon (weather permitting).