+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When do your kids watch tv?

At our house a movie usually goes on first thing in the morning so I can shower and make breakfast etc.. Then a movie goes on at night. Some days its more (sick.. Rain etc)

How much is your tv on?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS watches Playschool first thing so I can shower and In The Night Garden while I cook dinner. Sometimes a bit more if I'm having a tough day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually after 2pm there is a couple of shows ds like on then and sometimes back ground noise is good ds doesn't sit and watch for hrs on end i am lucky if i can get him to sit still for 10 mins at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tv goes on for breakfast and lunch so DS will sit still and eat.

I'm 37 1/2 weeks preg so have been using tv a bit more then usual lately so I can have some rest.

Also if he asks to watch tv his allowed, he doesn't ask much or when it's on he doesn't sit watching it for long so I don't mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are usually out all morning so I only put play school and maybe sesame st on when he wakes up from his nap about 3.30pm , he has afternoon tea and I get dinner ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    In the evenings when I am getting dinner ready, not usually in the morning as we go out. Sometimes my daughter will watch during my son's nap.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't have the tv on during the day but they quite often watch whatever is on abc2 when I'm prepping dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weekdays the tv isn't on really. We watch the news during dinner but that's about it. On Saturday though the tv is on for most of the day and in the afternoon the boys and I have a movie date where we watch1-2 movies and make popcorn together. Because it's on so rarely during the week, I don't have an ounce of guilt haha!
    Although if the boys are super tired/grumpy and I'm desperate to get dinner on I will resort to ABC2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At the risk of being deemed a bad mother (a comment which would roll off my back if said) I admit that tv is on all the time in our house when we are at home.

DS goes to day care 3 days a week when I work so no tv those days but when we get home it goes on.

it is often just background noise, but still it is on.

I sometimes worry that DS watches too much tv, but the amount he watches will dramatically decrease next year when he goes to school.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    At the risk of being deemed a bad mother (a comment which would roll off my back if said) I admit that tv is on all the time in our house when we are at home.

DS goes to day care 3 days a week when I work so no tv those days but when we get home it goes on.

it is often just background noise, but still it is on.

I sometimes worry that DS watches too much tv, but the amount he watches will dramatically decrease next year when he goes to school.
    I used to stress about how much tv the kids watched but noticed that once DD1 was at school it was barely on at all during the week.