+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell me about your 17/18mo sleep

Mr 17 months has just made quite a few changes to his sleep and today didn't have a day sleep but he is sleeping longer overnight (after taking 2 hours to get to sleep).

If you have a toddler around this age, what times/how long do they sleep? What time is lunch? What time is bed? Are they hard to get to sleep, etc?

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son is 15 months so a little younger but has just changed his sleep to 1 nap during the day. He has lunch at 11am and sleeps from 11:30-1:30pm. He has dinner at 4pm bath at 4:30 then bottle and bed at 5pm he sleeps through until 7:30-8am without waking at all overnight. He has always from birth had a massive sleep overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS is 17 months in a few days. He goes down for the night at around 8pm and sleeps through, waking between 7:30-8:30am.

He only naps once in the day now, generally for less than an hour (about 30-40 mins typically).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 17 mth old twins. Both go to bed about 6.45pm, very easy to settle (one with a bottle and one rocked/patted to sleep), within minutes. It's the whole staying asleep that eludes them. DS has just started to sleep through, although not consistently. He will wake anywhere between 5-6. DD with wake for the day around 6am, but has frequent night wakings.....doesn't even look close to sleeping through.

Both have 1 nap in the day from about 11am-ish. Again, both very easy to get off to sleep - DD puts herself to sleep, and I pat/rock DS off. DS sleeps for about 2-2.5hrs, and DD 1hr and 20mins after needing to be resettled after her first sleep cycle.

They have lunch after their nap, but I'm thinking of mayb giving it to them before the nap??

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds 16 months sleeps from 830-930 until 7-830, unless it's a work day and is woken at 630. He has had 1 sleep a day since before he was 12 months, usually goes to sleep 11-12 and sleeps for 3- 3 1/2 hours, not quite that much at daycare. I give h lunch after he wakes (sometimes at 330pm!!) but if he has it before he normally doesn't eat much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 18mo. He generally starts the day around 5am, has a nap at about 11/11.30 (sometimes 1.5hrs if he's up earlier than 5, most times about 45 mins). It can be a struggle to get him to sleep for his day nap. Lunch after he wakes, dinner around 5pm and into bed at 6/ 6.30 and he only takes a few minutes to get to sleep.

We've had one day where DS woke really early, went back to sleep around 6am to 7.30 and didn't have a day nap at all (despite my best efforts). That day was hell - I relish that 45 minutes to myself!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 goes down at 7pm sleeps until 7-8am ish and has 1 day sleep, he has lunch between 11.30 - 12.30 then goes to bed for 2-3 hrs. He has always been a good sleeper.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My DD won't sleep unless I lie next to her so during the week she's awake at 5:45. She has 1 sleep during the day which is usually about an hour. She goes to bed about 7pm and on a good night it will take 30 mins to get her to sleep, on a bad night 2 hours. She doesn't stay asleep though, she's usually awake an hour or two later and once again insists that either DF or I lie beside her.

She's just a wakeful baby.

There's been a couple of times she hasn't had day naps.

ETA: I'm so jealous of people who's toddlers sleep through in their own bed.