+ Reply to Thread

Default Setting up a strong support system during pregnancy

Last edited by JJJRain-crew; 24-08-2012 at 17:20.

Melbourne VIC
    I've had quite a bit of anxiety before pregnant at times and during this pregnancy and they now think I have antenatal depression.

I left the hospital that told me to "go home and relax" at several midwife appointments even when I spoke to them about emotions that should have been clear warning signs they even did this when I asked for counseling. Since I have transferred hospitals and am seeing my gp who is organizing counseling for me with someone who is maternity pregnancy specific. I already feel some weight lifted.

But be honest - I should have pushed harder (not that we should need to) to be listened to earlier on and I'm now 27 weeks and it's been a struggle. Be honest and lean on people like your family and whoever else is around. I was silent for so long because I thought I must keep up everyone's expectations of pregnancy which I thought was the smiling pregnant mum on every pregnancy magazine cover, the glowing mums in the media etc but heck this is hard work! And it's okay to say so.

Similar Threads

1. Do you support the current 'ambassador' system?
    By naebie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 11:52
  2. Changing the child support system - redux.
    By DaddyLarge in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 15:29