+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how did you feel emotionally right before labour started?

Hey ladies!

Throughout my pregnancy I've had minimal unexplained. crying moments...I'm due tomorrow (I know chances of her being born tomorrow are super slim especially as this is our first baby) but for the last 2 days I've been an emotional wreck just randomly bursting into tears for no reason at all.

How were you emotionally right before you went into labour?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pretty much how you explained, I slept a lot tried to nurture myself as much as possible I went into labour while sleeping all 3 times. I very much have an emotional upheaval before each birth. Just remember to let those feelings flow, don't hold onto them and don't read too much into them

P.S I have found emergency essence (its a bush flower essence you can get from health food stores) has helped when I feel like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Pretty much how you explained, I slept a lot tried to nurture myself as much as possible I went into labour while sleeping all 3 times. I very much have an emotional upheaval before each birth. Just remember to let those feelings flow, don't hold onto them and don't read too much into them

P.S I have found emergency essence (its a bush flower essence you can get from health food stores) has helped when I feel like this.

Thank you so much for your reply

I might try and sleep as much as I can tomorrow and hope something starts happening soon. I think the labour wait is possibly more exaughsting than the tww! over analysing every little twinge and feeling and cramp.

I haven't been shy about bursting into tears, and thankfully everyone who has been standing in front of me so far have been wonderful

i might send someone out to get some emergency essence for me. thank you so much for the tip on that.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was soooo over it & emotionally exhausted... then BAM contractions hehe.

All my DIG were having babies before me,some that weren't due for three weeks!! I was sooo cranky! But got over it as soon as DD was in my arms

Thanks
    Reviews
    i found i was a bit the same with our second. i think a lot of it had to do with the fact that my dd would never have all of our attention again, and also because i knew what pain to expect.

but when the time came, and i felt the first contraction, i was ready and excited.

sleep, relax and look after yourself. and goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post

All my DIG were having babies before me,some that weren't due for three weeks!! I was sooo cranky! But got over it as soon as DD was in my arms
    I'm trying really hard to focus on the fact that at the end of all this, our DD will be in our arms too! but It's hard to imagine having her earth side, so the hormones and emotions seem to be winning over having her here at the moment

I think the unknown is also playing on my mind a bit, I know every person's labour is different, but it's a little scary not knowing what to expect, and to try and not have any expecations at the same time? if that makes any sense what-so-ever

Quote Originally Posted by allforthem View Post
    i found i was a bit the same with our second. i think a lot of it had to do with the fact that my dd would never have all of our attention again, and also because i knew what pain to expect.

but when the time came, and i felt the first contraction, i was ready and excited.

sleep, relax and look after yourself. and goodluck!

Thank you for the luck!

It's such an emotional time having your first, I can't imagine what it would be like having your second and thinking about the things you'll miss most with number 1

I hope I start feeling pumped when the contractions start, and i'm really hoping this sudden outburst of emotions means she's not far off deciding it's her birthday

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post

Haha this was me with DD

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When it got too much, I closed down my computer, went for walks, went to the beach, ate all the food I could () Read some book and watched some trashy baby movies (think baby mama etc )

It helped me relax & tune out the world that seemed to be popping out babies before me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 6 days overdue and going insane!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fionaalice View Post
    I'm 6 days overdue and going insane!!
    I can see you have waited a long time already your doing an awesome job not long now just take it one hour, one morning, one afternoon, one night, one day at a time

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (30-06-2012)