+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    Yep. When we want a quiet walk around the shops we give DD2 the ipod touch and let her play in the stroller. Better than having her scream, want to run and lick windows or wear clothes off the racks. DD1 plays on her dads lap top.

I think its funny when people say its bad parenting and they'll wind up with mobile phones by the time they are 6. Yeah, the only way that happens is if you buy it for them.
    I say yeah that's the idea! I'm hoping to put a cheap basic phone in jaspers school bag from day 1 so he can always call me. and I would teach him to only use it for emergencies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, no way. They have their own iPod touch to play with, but my iPhone and iPad is not for them.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My iPad at the table yes, but it's not very often. They both have our old 3G iPhones to use (set on airplane mode) they don't use them that often though as they forget to plug them in to charge. DD (11 months) does use one of them, I bought her the fisher price case for it and she flicks through the flash cards

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let ds (1) play with my phone when it is locked. He loves pushing the buttons and seeing the picture appear. But I always keep it locked so he can't do anything to wreck it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I occasionally let DS play angry birds or fruit ninja on my iPhone, but only when we're out somewhere waiting and he's bored. Other than that, no he doesn't play with it, only because it's fairly new and I don't want it wrecked!!!

He has his own Nintendo DS, computer and plays my Xbox, so my new notebook is pretty safe from him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    No i don't let them play with my mine... I buy them their own so they leave mine alone.
    I bought the kids an ipod when they were younger, they have ds's and i'm giving Ds (4) an ipad for xmas.
    I don't see an issue with it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I let my 2 year old play with my mobile occasionally. Mainly if we are out somewhere waiting eg a dr's or something if I have forgotten to bring a book or a toy. It keeps her occupied. She will also sometimes watch movies on our laptop and can turn it on and off herself.

I wont be buying anything like that for her though for a long while yet!! Hell I dont own an ipad/iphone - no need for her to have one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 5 year old plays with the digital camera n I love looking at the silly photos he takes. He also has a very old Nokia 3210 that doesn't work that he plays with.

I would never give him my iPhone4 s as its worth a lot of money and I can't afford to replace it, same with my iPod touch I'm buying myself for Xmas, as he can be very rough with his toys and I wouldn't trust him with a $900 phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    On the few occasions we let DS play with our iPhones he has had a meltdown when we take it back off him! Hence we haven't let him play with our phones for ages.

I did however purchase an iPad the other day with the intention of sharing it with DS but he once again made a big song & dance when we took it away. Not wanting to reward that kind of behavior so we'll have to work on that, or just wait until he is a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, DS plays with everything we have. we have just purchased a second iPad so he pretty much has his own now.

He loves taking photos and probably uses our camera more than we do (which isn't hard as we never remember to take photos).