Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sure do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    gonna go against the majority here and say no i don't.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad I'm not alone! He can't unlock the phone as it has a passcode but he can open the camera and look at himself... That's like an hour entertainment right there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep. DD even has an iPod touch and iPad :I lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do my dd & ds is teaching me how to use it! I have alot of games on it learning and other games like angry birds. To have a child know to use todays technology is great she loves to play them even loves taking pictures and video. Today world is full of technology and you have to keep up with the times! I guess 30 years ago a kids life was different today a child today is teaching us how to use the technology they just know it I never showed them how to use it she just knew! Grandparents well some don't understand as they wouldn't have a clue how to use it themselves! We are investing in an new iPad for them.... we are keeping up with the times! These are also learning tools not just to kill the time
    (both my kids.go to preschool and are doing great quote by there teachers know well beyond there years so i must me doing something right.) Don't feel.guilty of letting your child play with technology embrace it they are going to be learning it at school there is no reason to start when they are young!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub
    Last edited by MyLittlePrincess; 30-06-2012 at 09:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS uses hubby's iPad (we refer to it as the nanny when we are with him shopping!) and also has an iPhone without a sim purely for apps and games which are all educational. He doesn't use them 24/7, we monitor his use and usually he only gets them when we are at a restaurant or shopping and he needs to be contained (VERY spirited child). In a digital age where they are using iPads in his prep class next year, he's definitely going to be prepared lol (not that it is my reason for giving it to him)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your MIL wouldn't like me .. DD (3) has her own iPod touch! But she still plays with my phone as well and has some educational apps on the iPad. I think moving forward its imperative that our kids are exposed to these devices. When they hit our ages, I'm pretty sure pen and paper won't have made a comeback

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Melzey For This Useful Post:

mishh  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melzey View Post
    Your MIL wouldn't like me .. DD (3) has her own iPod touch!
    We bought our kids iPods at 1 and 2 and I don't see the harm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

Melzey  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let her?
    hard to stop her....DD is fascinated by phones & computers. We try to limit her time playing with things for now but I don't think it is bad if we let her play on them. I have given her my phone to entertain her a few times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In this day and age, research proves that even teenagers (who grew up with the Internet, not necessarily iPhones etc) no longer read from
    Left to right. Their brains actually scan the page from the side etc (as you would see on a webpage with bookmarks, links etc). Hence why there's a push in education for the incorporation for more digital resources in the classroom to accommodate for a new generation of learners. I think as long as kids aren't sitting with an iPad in their hands all day long and still playing outside, getting their hands dirty, riding their bikes etc - no harm!