+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you let your LO play with your gadgets?

Last week we were visiting DPs great aunt who was in palliative care. DS is currently cutting his first molars so is a bit more restless than usual. I let him play with my phone to keep him quiet as and I got a lecture from MIL about how you should NEVER give kids phones etc, it was bad parenting etc.

Ouch didn't stop me though :P

So, do you let them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely. We travel a fair bit so dd usually gets my iPhone or iPod or watches DVDs in the car. She sometimes plays with my phone at home. Her fave things to use it for are the music and the camera. For an almost 3 year old she has taken some beautiful pics. You're not a bad parent. It's better than stuffing them full of lollies etc or getting frustrated because they won't behave/be quiet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GrownupsCallMeK For This Useful Post:

Whitman  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely!!! Much better than a whinging or screaming child!

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we let our son play on our phones but he also has a ds which he shares with sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    LOL yeah I've copped a lecture about how I'm teaching my son to disrespect "adults" things and also a side serve of "if you let him play with your phone when he's 2 what will he have when he's 4"

... probably the lap top. lol.

Though my grandma seemed to think I gave him my iphone and let him take it when he was 2. it was always under supervision. though NOW jasper has his own smart phone on wifi because we have 3 old "spares". though after he uploaded a video to YouTube and sent an email we have disabled some apps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um yeah. My one year old uses my iPad better than I do!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. When we want a quiet walk around the shops we give DD2 the ipod touch and let her play in the stroller. Better than having her scream, want to run and lick windows or wear clothes off the racks. DD1 plays on her dads lap top.

I think its funny when people say its bad parenting and they'll wind up with mobile phones by the time they are 6. Yeah, the only way that happens is if you buy it for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes they play the games on my phone. Although I must be extra awful as both children have their own laptops (with no internet access) for games and DVDS and music.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you're a bad parent - but I won't let my kids touch my phone. Not only because they do stupid things with it, but because I still just don't trust the damn things and what they're doing to our brains. I let my 3 year old use the lappy for short periods of time, but that's all. Oh, and CD's, DVD's etc. are fine. But particularly not phones.