+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was booked in at 7.30. They came for me at 7, had my spinal block at 7.15, they started cutting about 7.30 and my daughter was born at 7.37. They held her up for me to touch straight away, then took her away and wrapped her up. I got to cuddle her for a few minutes then they took her to weigh her, cut the cord (closer) etc. she was then handed back to me for cuddles. I began to feel nauseous after a few minutes so gave her to my sister who took her through to recovery while I dry retched, the doc gave me drugs to feel better and they finished stitching me up. I joined them about 5 minutes later and she was put straight on the boob.

I was in recovery probably an hour maybe? Lost track of time cuddling my baby! I was back in my room about ten. I didn't have any pain straight away, it was worse later that night when the spinal block wore off. I did however get the shakes REALLY bad, that lasted hours. Not painful, just annoying.

I was pretty much better a week later and back to driving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had an elective. don't remember any burning smell????
    arrive hospy 6am. boring bits like sign this discuss procedure etc till about 7:45. then wheeled off.
    then it took from 7:45 to about 8:15 sitting in theatre and prep room while everyone? was assembled etc?
    then about 8:15 to 9:00 for the anathetist to do his thing. i think this was the scariest bit for me. started super freaking about the c sect.
    first cut at 9:00am
    baby delivered by 9:10am
    surgery finished at 10:20am. there was an issue with a blood vessel apparently.
    at first i could just feel movement but about twenty in i felt pain. not horrendous but not good for the remainder.
    went to recovery that was a walk in park. maybe an hour? could easily roll myself over etc.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 c/s I think from the time I'm wheeled in to when I'm getting wheeled to recovery it would be about 45mins all up. My last one there was a few complications and had my tubes done yet it still only took an hour.. I had my bubs with me
    the whole time and they stayed in recovery with me and my hubby for about 30 minutes before I was taken back to me room..

*I've never noticed the burning smell in any of my sections and I am one that gags on every smell possible so I'm glad I didn't*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No burning smell here either! I don't think my surgeon used cautery.

It was only a few minutes from incision to my baby being lifted out. They showed her to me then quickly checked her over, dried her off, wrapped her up and passed her to DH who held her beside my head. The next thing I knew my surgeon was pulling out his iphone taking a pic of the 3 of us cos we had forgotten a camera (I will be forever grateful to him for that!).

DD stayed with me/us into recovery, so I'd say I had no less snuggle time than if I'd had a VB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My last one took about 45 minutes and the baby was allowed to come to recovery with me.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Iv had 2 I didn't smell anything really, ild say mine from go to finish was around the 1hr mark maybe a bit over, the only thing I had a prob with was my first I was sick while they were doing it and vomiting because of the morphine so the 2nd time they gave me dif stuff I was fine, I also requested stitches not staples as I have a reaction to surgical steel when it's left in me (like Pericings) but they were good experiences in there own way,