+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long did it take....caesarian?

I'm booked in for a Caesar 2 days before my due date and I'm freaking out a little, so I have a few questions?

How long does the actual surgery take? From first insicion to being fully stitched up and ready to go?

I'm also worried that It will be ages before I actually get to have snuggles with bub..

I don't know, I'm just scared, and worried.. so hit me with everything you've got, the good, the bad ands the ugly!!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub
    Last edited by spitthedummy; 29-06-2012 at 22:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to have an emergency c-section due to DS being distress which later found out it was knot in the cord. I got told at 7pm, wheeled into surgery at about 7:15, had spinal done in operating room, DS was born at 8pm (i found that i could feel everything they were doing but there was absolutely no pain, a very weird feeling and when they cut you open it smells really bad as they are burning your skin) i was out in recovery by about 8:30. I got to see DS being taken out, my DH cut the cord and we all got to have cuddles before my midwife took DH and DS out to recovery room (she made my DH take his shirt off so they could have skin on skin)- When I came into the recovery room it was so lovely to see this. DS was put on my breast straight away and we were all taken to my room.

I stayed in hospital for 3days, DH could stay with us for as long as he wanted. Was up and about the next morning.

All in all I had a fantastic experience and recovered very quickly.

I hope all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply

BuRNING YOUR SKIN?!?!?! What is this? I've never heard of that before??

Thanks
    Reviews
    They don't burn your skin. They cauterize vessels, ie use heat to close off vessels and stop bleeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yes, the smell takes a bit if getting used to. Sort of the smell of a BBQ..... A bit gross yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine was honestly so FAST and breezy I literally nearly missed the whole thing. I held baby straight away to. I must admit the only thing that freaked me out a little was the spinal because the night before my mil put sh*t in my head - negative witch!

You will be fine xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds a bit gross lol I'm ok with having a spinal, this is my third and I had epidurals with the first two, thanks for the reassurance

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spitthedummy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    They don't burn your skin. They cauterize vessels, ie use heat to close off vessels and stop bleeding.
    Thanks, didn't know this. I asked what's that smell and all they said was it's your skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi STD,

I had a c-section two years ago, and it was such a great experience. All up it took maybe 40 mins, but then another 40 mins in recovery. DS was with his Dad the whole time, but my hospital didn't allow babies in recovery... My advice to you is to keep up with the pain meds... Don't wait for it to hurt before taking them, you won't catch up, take them as they are due. I had DS at 5:30 at night, I was up and in the shower 7:00 the next morning, and honestly never really felt pain as I was religious with taking the pain meds.

Good luck, so exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    15 mins if that, was very quick, I didn't even realise my obgyn had left, I asked if she was going to stitch me up and they said its done she's gone haha. Piece of cake, the recovery is the hardest part